Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

My DM cane to visit and has bought DH and I cream slices. Really kind, but.....arrrrgh!

Came, not cane! See what the thought of a cream cake does to me!

bucksmum71 Thu 24-Jan-13 17:54:50

Sorry my mfp name is kittej if anyone wants to add me !

WiseKneeHair Thu 24-Jan-13 20:08:57

Those recipes sound nice cinnamon. little I hope you savoured the cream cake and made the most of it.
Er, sorry I'm on my phone and can't remember your name newbie, but I'll have another go at adding you.

Morning! I did have my cake and eat it yesterday and still came under my calorie goal. This is why MFP works for me.

WiseKneeHair Fri 25-Jan-13 07:53:28

Well done Little. I agree, I am enjoying counting calories more than I thought I would. Off out to lunch today, so will use my exercise calories. In fact, might try to exercise twice today to keep under. grin

I had a look at the fast diet thread and posted a couple of questions, which have been ignored, sad as I was just curious what they eat on the fast days. Perhaps it is a fast day for a lot of them and they're grumpy. I probably would be. smile

gobbymare Fri 25-Jan-13 08:36:57

Hi everyone...just found this thred and would like to join please. ..I've been using MFP for a wee while so if anyone would like to add I'm saucysezie.

Hi Gobby, I've added you.

Chopstheduck Fri 25-Jan-13 09:14:17

LittleAbruzzenBear my radio times had some meals plans in it, let me dig it out! It actually did look quite doable, though still don't think it is for me!

Chopstheduck Fri 25-Jan-13 09:25:40

BFAST
100g cottage cheese
1 sliced pear
one fresh fig

DINNER
sashmi
100g salmon
100g tuna
soy sauce, wasabi and ginger
1 tangerine

-----------------------------------------

BFAST
porrige (40g oats) with water, and 145g blueberriues

DINNER
CHICKEN STIR FRY
140g chicken, fried with 1tbsp olive oil, 1tsp ginger, 1tbsp corander, a clove garlic, 2 tsp soy sauce, half a squeezed lemon til browned.
Then add 50g sugar snap peas, 100g finely shred cabbage, 2 carrots
1 tangerine

BFAST
1 boiled egg
half a grapefruit

DINNER
VEG CHILLI
fry clove garlic, half a finely chopped red chilli in a tsp of olive oil. Add pinch cumin and 1 large or 4 small mushrooms, cook for 5 mins
Add half tine of chopped tomatoes, half tin kidney beans simmer for 10 mins. Serve with 2 tbsp cooked wild brown rice.

BFAST
112g smoked salmon
1 plain ryvita spread with 1 tsp cream cheese

DINNER
Thai Salad
2tbsp fish sauce, juice 1 lime, 1 tsp sugar, 2 sliced spring onions, 1 red chilli, finely chopped, mix well. Add 10 small cooked prawns, 2 gratd carrots, and 50g vermicelli noodles soaked according to instructions, Toss well.

BFAST
blend a banana, pot of natural fat free yog (150g) 50g strawberries, splash of water adn ice (smoothie)

DINNER
200g haddock roasted until fish cooked, serve with poached egg and springs of lightly steamed broccoli (100g)

BFAST
slice appled 100g and 1 mango 150g and serve with 2 tbsp half fat crème fraîche dip

DINNER
140g canned cannellini beans, 120g canned tuna in spring water, 6 chopped cherry tomatoes, and a generous handful baby leaf spinach (30g) drizzle over dressing made from 1 clove crushed garlic, juice and zest of one lemon and a splash of white win vinegar

BFAST
one boiled egg
a slice of ham
one tangerine

DINNER
mex pizza
1 tortilla, 2 tbsp pasta, 3 snack diced balls of light mozzarella (90g) an scatter with chopped vegetables - mushrooms, red pepper, courgette, red onion, aubergine spinach. Cook in hot oven for 10 mins

Chops, bless you! Thanks, that's really helpful and they are things I would eat. I need to go food shopping tomorrow! I might be brave and give it a go next week and report to you all with brutal honesty!!

franch Fri 25-Jan-13 13:53:15

Hi all, I'm not on this thread much as I'm mostly logging into MFP and posting all my news and thoughts there (thanks for all the new friends! I'm franch71 for anyone else who'd like to add me!), but just wanted to let you know I've lost 3lb in my first week on there and don't feel like I'm on a diet at all. Wahay!

gobbymare Fri 25-Jan-13 14:07:03

Hey ladies, thankyou for the adds !

RGPargy Fri 25-Jan-13 14:14:01

Well done on the run cinnamon - how is DS now? Better i hope? Interesting that you go to bed at 10.30 every night. DP and I were only reminissing (sp?) the other day about how well we were doing with fitness and weight loss when we were both in bed by 10pm and asleep by 10.30pm, no alcohol except for a small glass of wine on a friday night (shock), loads of water, 2 cups of green tea a day and limited my carbs to 100g a day. I got down to 16st 1lb back then and getting tons of compliments but then it all started going pear shaped and now i've put on almost a stone blush and feel so uncomfortable!

Thankfully DP and I are almost back on board - it was my birthday on Monday so we have had to chomp through birthday cake, chocolates and choccie bars too, plus wine most nights (for me). I have managed to get to the gym tho, so that's a good thing.

What is NOT a good thing however is when you're in the spin class and at the end one of the regulars asks you how you found it. I told him it was the same as always - hard! He then says "dont worry it gets easier" like he thought I was a newbie!! Bloomin' cheek! I've been sitting behind(ish) the bloke for the past 6 months in that class and have been a member at the gym for almost 4 YEARS!!! Just coz i'm fat doesn't mean i'm unfit and a gym dodger, thank you very much!! GGGRRR!! angry Rant over!! grin

Also, people asking me to make delicious cupcakes and cakes doesn't help my will power! lol smile

RGPargy Fri 25-Jan-13 14:14:48

PS - hello and welcome newbies! Feel free to add me on MFP - same name as here! grin

franch Fri 25-Jan-13 14:20:10

Just added you RGP smile

Hi RGP, just added you. Bloody cheek of that guy in your gym. I hate the perception that thin means fit and fat doesn't. People of all shapes and sizes are fit and I know some very thin people who are super-unfit!

He's better thanks RGPargy but I had to put him to bed and fell asleep in his room! Woke up at 8.45 and couldn't be bothered to go for a run then! How rude of that man, bizarre that he chose then to speak to you for the first time after both being there for ages! We get up at 6.20 so any later and I'd be dead on my feet! Going for a run with my club tomorrow morning and might try and go Sunday as well as we're going out for a curry for dh's birthday!

I discovered MFP a couple of weeks ago and am loving it, it is really keeping me on track!!

Anyone wants to add me....I am Vixen7777 smile

RGPargy Fri 25-Jan-13 16:08:16

Thanx for the adds, franch and bear! grin

Cinnamon - Glad he's better now. Such a worry when they're poorly! no, i
wouldn't be bothered to go out then either, especially in the dark! BBRRRR!!!

I guess people go around in their own little worlds when they're working out. I am more of a social person tho and always just go to classes. I know spin is a class too but it's more solitary because you dont necessarily have a laugh in there like we do in pump and step!

Am off to the gym tomorrow to do spin (hah!) and pump. Haven't been on a Saturday for what seems like such a long time due to Christmas getting in the way and it being my turn to take DD to kickboxing (which is at the same time as my classes) and me losing my motiviation to go at the weekend. I have also booked DD to go to nanna's on Sunday morning too so my intention is to go to step and spin too. DP and I have booked ourselves into a 40 mile cyclo-sportive next weekend and have stupidly been too busy filling our faces to have remembered that we actually need to do a little training for it! Thankfully i have got some winter cycling bib trousers but fear i will definitely freeze on they top half as i cannot find anything to fit my "robustness"! I think we'll be ok as it is only 40 miles but it will probably be a push for me as although I've been spinning lately (yes, really! lol), i've not been out on my bike since the cold weather set in. Erk!! shock

Depends on the instructor RG - I love spin but our instructor plays cracking music, has a brilliant personality and generally makes it fun as well as hard work. I love spin....next to pole fitness it's my fave followed closely by badminton smile

I have done pump but find it quite boring and repetative.

RGPargy Fri 25-Jan-13 16:38:12

Oh yes, Betty, I totally agree! I have to admit that all the spin classes I go to have all got great music but we have 3 different instructors and they all teach 3 different ways. For example, I know on a Sunday it will be more like proper cycling training, whereas on a Saturday and Tuesday is more spin training, IYKWIM? The guys are nice enough but we dont normally muck about too much lol.

Pump and step on the other hand are a real laugh! Yes, pump is same old same old and can be boring but thankfully the instructors I go to are a real laugh. The saturday classes are just chaos though because we are all just having such a laugh - sometimes a bit too much! The step instructor got told off by the studio co-ordinator last week because the first class back after Christmas was too noisy, loud and "out of control" apparently hmm. All i remember is that we were all having a laugh (even the quiet ones at the back lol), particularly due to the fact that we had all lost the ability to step over Christmas!

Pole fitness! Wow! Am i right in assuming you have to be thin to actually do it? You must also have to have a very strong core with all that dangling about! shock

WiseKneeHair Fri 25-Jan-13 17:28:20

Welcome Betty. I'll add you on MFP.
Hobby, I think you'll find we are already friends wink
Went out to lunch with DH and guesstimated calories. I chose quite good choices, I think.
Feeling tired, cold and hungry now though and won't have dinner for another 1 1/2 hours, so I'm trying to stay strong.
Love all the exercise people are doing. Well done.

Hi Betty. I've added you.

One tip for taking in less calories is to have a hungry 6MO boy who prefers your chicken and sage soup to his carrot and potato mash. Cheeky bobbin ate half of my soup!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now