Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

BoraBora Fri 18-Jan-13 19:19:17

I just ask as my mum's a PL coach and referee smile

I've been hungrier too MonsterBookOfTysons but I've put it down to burning calories staying warm! My porridge used to last me until lunch now some days I'm hungry by 10.30 sad

Exactly the same as me, I am worse in the evening though, straight after dinner. I could eat it again and I have a good sized portion!
A doctor on the one show blush said you burn more calories in the snow so that is hopeful.
We have a day of sledging and snowman building planned tomorrow so I hope that will help grin

WiseKneeHair Fri 18-Jan-13 19:38:50

Enjoy the sledging monster
I think everyone is finding it difficult with the cold.
I've struggled all day.

BsshBossh Fri 18-Jan-13 19:58:04

Hello, delurking to say hi. Have been logging calories since last June and have lost 30lbs. Still another stone (perhaps two) to go though. The combination of time of month and cold weather this week has made me overeat though. I like how MFP gives a weekly view of calories and I can see that if I seriously limit my food intake this weekend then total weekly calories will be within target again. Have pre-planned some protein-heavy meals this weekend to keep me fuller for longer but less calories. Fingers crossed this will work...

Hi all newbies to the thread, I haven't checked in for a while, still using MFP though and it's really great having the cheerleaders on there!

Those of you sticking to plan this weekend are doing very well, I am definitely having a couple of snow days blush though managed to come in under goal due entirely to judicious application of exercise calories! by hook or by crook.

Feel free to add me, same name as here! Enjoy the snow today all!

karatekimmi Sat 19-Jan-13 07:44:35

Morning all,

logging on to say I lost 3lb this week, so I am very happy with that result! I am hoping to burn some more calories off playing in the snow <wonders how many cals snowman making burns>

WiseKneeHair Sat 19-Jan-13 09:25:00

Welcome Bsssh
Congrats again Karate
I'm having chicken pie for dinner tonight. Think it might have to be the tiniest sliver to keep me under calories.

Nooneelseisallowedafergus Sat 19-Jan-13 10:47:01

Well, my scales have just been delivered by the postman. Once batteries are installed (by the other half, can't be doing with mucking about with screw drivers) I will post my weight loss, anyway, hope it's bloody weight loss! I was 10 st 4 on boxing day, and I've been doing MFP for 10 days now, we'll see......

Wise

I start each by logging my dinner as it's the most calories and then work back from there.

I do a home made chicken and mushroom pie and it's about 400cal for a portion. Veg only add about another 50cal.

Nooneelseisallowedafergus Sat 19-Jan-13 11:28:50

I am pleased to report I have lost 4lb! Hooray hoorah.
Now this might not be accurate because I used my mum's scales on boxing day, and my new ones today, bu they are both electronic so that might mean not too much disparity?

Chopstheduck Sat 19-Jan-13 11:48:03

Morning girls, well done on the weight losses!

BsshBossh Sat 19-Jan-13 13:44:00

Well, so much for watching my calories today and balancing out a week of over-eating - DH bought some yummy food back for lunch and I couldn't resist. That's the problem with weekends when the whole family is home and food becomes a focal point of our leisure time. Tomorrow will be similar.

No point fighting it. Will resume careful eating on Monday.

Fortunately I haven't put any weight on.

Well done on the losses grin

Supposed to be going out with dh tonight and my mum is having my boys (she prefers to have them at hers than to sit at our house). Ds2 is not really well and we are snuggled on the sofa watching a DVD. Really dot want to take them away and go out in the cold is that terrible? I know I'll have a lovely time with dh but we get so little chill out time and I miss having them in their beds sad

WiseKneeHair Sat 19-Jan-13 19:29:05

Well done noone, I'm sure it's a real loss.
Cinnamon, I know how you feel. Did you go out in the end.
Bssh hope your weekend isn't too bad and you get back to it on Monday.

Well, we had an unexpected trip to McDonalds for lunch! I was really good, though and had the salad. grin, so chicken pie was off for tonight and I did pasta using Philadelphia for the sauce instead. So, I've got lots of calories left. wine later.

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Sat 19-Jan-13 19:37:11

I need friends on MFP to keep me motivated! I am lfbrady10 I have 8kilos to lose but I am finding it hard. I am very lazy so need all the help I can get wink

DoubleMum Sat 19-Jan-13 20:01:31

Joining this thread too as well as the chiefs one for all the more encouragement, I'm doublemum on MFP too. A good day today, following a couple of not so good ones ...

WiseKneeHair Sat 19-Jan-13 20:17:24

Welcome here too double and ineed I'll add you on MFP. I'm HappyKite there.

DoubleMum Sat 19-Jan-13 20:35:15

Thanks wise, I see lots of familiar faces!

We went shopping today and I turned down cake and had half of DH's cheese scone as my treat (poor DH!). I watched DS1 eat a slice of cake almost as big as his head and I wasn't envy. I bought a nice scarf afterwards as an incentive, or 'reward'. I definitely think not cutting things out completely is key, then no cravings or obsessing over what cannot be eaten. I had two glasses of wine last night and that is my lot for the whole week.

I always have a happy meal WiseKneeHair, 530 calories and I hate salad! I did the chicken and green bean Philadelphia pasta from the advert the other day and I was the only one who liked it sad. We did go and it was lovely. Dh has a sore back so got me to rub it for him and promptly fell asleep though! Just want to go get my babies now and hope ds2 is not so hot (I say babies they are 5 and 2!).

Welcome new ladies smile

WiseKneeHair Sun 20-Jan-13 10:35:17

Well done little
Glad you had a nice meal out cinnamon. grin at your DH falling asleep mid massage! Wouldn't have happened pre DC! My Dad still calls my siblings and me "the kids" despite the fact I am the youngest at 42 and the eldest is 55! Guess you are never too old to be someone's baby.

Hobblethwaite Sun 20-Jan-13 10:44:47

Hey new to mfp and mumsnet. Please add me MrsVogle. X

WiseKneeHair Sun 20-Jan-13 10:47:33

Welcome Hobble, I'll add you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now