The Big Fat List and the Days of Doom (TM) Part IX - The One With A Wedding and Some Weightloss

(997 Posts)
grinningbee Wed 25-Jul-12 15:24:40

Here we are again - new thread time! Can you believe we're on our 9th one?

I've been down to DFS and got us some new squidgy sofas. Feel free to add anything else you like grin

<Rolls out poster of Morten Harket>

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Wed 21-Nov-12 17:52:32

Ria hope you feeling better today, hopefully something will come up that fits you perfectly.

So sorry about your Uncle ((())) hugs

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Wed 21-Nov-12 17:53:48

One PM so far, come on Ladies where you all hiding!!!

Huffpot Wed 21-Nov-12 19:09:36

Waiting to WI!!

SilverSky Wed 21-Nov-12 19:44:13

My WI is not til Friday. Plus I have had a vom bug and not eaten properly for two days. Will this mean my WI results are not authentic?

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Wed 21-Nov-12 21:22:28

Right I think thats it for the usual suspects

drum roll......

SlimjimBra has lost 1.5lb and is 1lb under target <pom pom twirly dance>

Huffpot has stayed the same

ahem ....ChocolateBubbleBars has gained the 2lb lost last week - bloody bubble bars!

Four just 4 more weigh ins till Christmas!!!!! grin

Well done!!

I don't weigh in til tomorrow night - hoping for a loss of some sort!

Four more weigh ins eeeek!!!!! 4.5lb to go

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 21-Nov-12 21:36:57

my hand paused over the bubble bars tonight, but I went for a nicely rounded dairy milk without bubbles - small bar by the way - (well,it is WI daywink). Do they still taste like dairy milk, or are they like aero (yuk)?

I have made the cajun bean burgers for tomorrowshock. Glad I only made half the recipe quantity though - they are still HUGE! (there is a lady in the new mag fairly local to me - will watch out for her in town)

christmas is too close <panicks at all the decorating/tidying/decluttering left to do...)

SilverSky Thu 22-Nov-12 15:18:32

Sadly my appetite has returned! confused

Last shout to anyone wanting to vote for miss slinky!! I've had a few votes, will post winner tomorrow night smile

Another 1.5lb down tonight, am back in target range and feeling great smile

ladyarwenevenstar Thu 22-Nov-12 22:14:11

YAY FHF!

ladyarwenevenstar Thu 22-Nov-12 22:26:09

been poorly today, killer headache - DS3 off school with same (though he was well enough for 5am gangnam stylehmm)

good news though - Uncle moved to hospice this morning - for 2 weeks probably - he is much happier smile

not so welcome "good" news. sis and ex-h getting back together (again - 2nd time in not a quite a year of separation). got the announcement phonecall tonight, but TBH I have known there was something for a few weeks now she has been so smug... ah well, hope it works out for them if it's what they want, but it will be a long journey for me and other sis, and M&D too, as well as what they need to go through together. (DS1 is dead chuffed as dsis and kids have now declined the invite to christmas lunch at ours, so he will get his GPs all to himself - you can take the teen out of childhood, but you can't take the child out of the teenwink) Anyhow, will see how it goes. The last reconciliation lasted 24 hours before he decided he preferred the other woman.

(I know I'm a judgey cow, but please just let me have the one judgey venting post without telling me off!)

Oh god Ria, isn't there always a worry. All you can do is be there.

My older sister needs to leave her dh, everyone can see it but her, we're just waiting in the wings for support when her breakdown comes, as we know it will.

Families can be do frustrating, the best and the worst of times have been with my family.

Lol @ your ds gangnam style!

And you're not judgy, you're concerned, like any good sister.

How was your food today?

I had chicken in wholemeal bread after weigh in, then half a drifter, half a picnic bar and an apple blush I couldn't decide on the drifter or picnic so had both... Shared with dh.

Huffpot Fri 23-Nov-12 07:23:22

skulks back in

Oh dear I have tried to be good but have had a few late night nibbling sessions...I must stop emotional eating through frustration with a cranky DP!

Still a new day and all that.

Am up nice and early and have boiled potatoes to eat in an eggy thing for breakfast. Have beaten everyone (including the two toddling terrors) up and am having a nice cuppa on my own while sitting on a hot water bottle as my back is aching! Have a 3.2 mile round walk this morning to a playgroup so want to be relatively ache free for that.

Oh I hate it when people you love make silly choices (or don't change something when they're unhappy). My friend and I were talking yesterday about one of our friends who is unhappy in her marriage and fixing all her problems and then laughed and said how easy it is to sort everyone elses life out.

All you do is is like FHF and be there for them if--when--it all goes tits up

ladyarwenevenstar Fri 23-Nov-12 11:06:45

much better food day today. Am going green and will be having bean burger and salad for lunch, then probably steak and SW chips tonight, had sauted potatoes, egg, beans and mushrooms for breakfast.

are the new lemon greek-style mullers free? I only like lemon yogurt.

Huffpot Fri 23-Nov-12 14:44:04

Pretty sure they are half a syn - they are gorgeous though

ladyarwenevenstar Fri 23-Nov-12 15:54:07

thanks huff.

bean burgers surprisingly nice, but next time I will add chopped onion and maybe some peppers to the mix.

Huffpot Fri 23-Nov-12 17:12:09

Were they the ones from the latest magazine?

Mmm bean burgers sound up my street!!

So I have our Miss Slinky winner.........

Who wants to know?

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Fri 23-Nov-12 23:09:01

Well had a wonderful shopping day with my Mum and Sisters and afternoon tea at the Panoramic in Liverpool, amazing views of the city with equally amazing food, none if it of course on the sw list! At least we didn't go to The Hilton for cocktails as too busy shopping or else the damage would be much worse!

That said I have another shopping day with my friends on Monday , I'm sure we can fit a cocktail in then...

My SW leader will be banishing me soon blush

Ria vent away..as often as you like, I don't mind, also yogurts are half a syn, the cherry one sms the honeyed peach are gorgeous too smile

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Fri 23-Nov-12 23:12:10

FHF well done on your loss smile

Ria, bean burger recipe please smile

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Fri 23-Nov-12 23:13:24

Pssssst FHF...you need to do a drum roll

ladyarwenevenstar Sat 24-Nov-12 10:05:30

bean burgers are in the new mag. will post recipe tonight.

So, we're waiting...?

good food day and early night yesterday, although the steak and SW chips turned into a tomato pasta and sauce with added mushrooms, and an orange, so I had no HEB's yesterday. Oops.

Loads to do today, and not at all motivated by my porridge!

the rest of the food plan today is - bean burgers, might make some coleslaw. Can't decide between harissa roast veg and chick peas with chicken, or steak and SW chips tonight. DH and the boys are having duck (we are emptying the freezer for xmas)

ladyarwenevenstar Sat 24-Nov-12 10:41:32

last comment on this subject I promise...

FFS, phonecall with sis, it's all off again. Have told her what I think (gently) this time...

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Sat 24-Nov-12 10:44:40

Ria she needed to know, well done.

SW chips Hmmmm tonight methinks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now