HotMamas - Are we Hot? Yes we are!

(1000 Posts)

17th thread lucky for successful and sustained weight loss????? Let's hope so!!!

SizzleSazz Mon 19-Aug-13 21:38:16

{{strokes poorly Fjorn}} sad

Not a great start to 'being very good' but not too bad either. Blouse at work was v tight hmm

luckoftheirish Tue 20-Aug-13 19:13:27

Back from hols will weigh in first thing not v hopeful blushblush

Need to get back on track!

Hope u are feeling better fjorny and sazz I have been living in very loose fitting clothes put my jeans on today to fly home a were v un comfy blush

luckoftheirish Wed 21-Aug-13 07:48:29

As I thought a good half a stone on hmm and with two more weeks of school holidays chances of exercise are v slim!

Off to write list of healthy food to try and get back on track!

Thanks for the pats etc, was feeling better, went to work and had to get my sister to come and rescue me after massive dizzy spell & feeling sick. Been back to doctors today and got some proper advice which includes as much rest as possible with as little head movement as possible! So back off work till at least next wednesday. Will be on a warning if I'm not careful shock

Anyway one plus of all this is decided lack of appetite and am consequently down 3 to 12 9 this morning <phew>!

Hope you guys are managing OK to get a bit of health back smile

12 12 again. Bollocks. Starting in earnest on Tuesday when kids go back to school so may just have one more cakey weekend before I stop eating until Christmas...

Will I ever learn????? Cakey weekend = 13 stone plus today blushblushblush considering I was 11 9 on 25 Feb that is bloody shameful. All my clothes are bursting at the seams and I feel rubbish <sigh>

So... here I go again, hoping to lose at least 20lb by Christmas, 16 weeks so should be doable. Starting again with fasting combined with healthier cake and biscuit-free living. Fingers and lips crossed!

luckoftheirish Tue 03-Sep-13 11:20:20

Don't fret fjorny a few weeks back on the straight and narrow and the pounds will fall off smile

Dds back at school tomorrow so will be on the straight and narrow from then!

Hey loti smile have you got your DDs back to school and are ready for hotmamaing again? I think sazzes go back today too so we should be back to full strength from today!

managed my fasting day well yesterday, was actually rather good to feel hungry for a chaange and to eat a super-healthy tea; there have not been too many of those lately blush. 12 12.5 today so a few off already.

Just looked at the first post and it's from May 2012 shock over 15 months and we haven't even filled the thread yet shock no wonder I am wobbling...

SizzleSazz Wed 04-Sep-13 10:08:35

No weigh in as pizza hut last night, although I did have an under 500 cal pizza, diet coke and no dessert.
Walked ran 5k this morning but HUGELY unfit. Also shins hurt a bit which is a right bugger sad

Not sure whether to FF again or try some other method but for now trying to only eat when hungry and will get cabbage soup ingredients tomorrow.

DD's have asked to do shred at the weekend hmm and I am going to sign them (and DH grin) back up at the gym, so hopefully winter weekends we can get up and exercised rather than acting like sloths.

Aiming for daily login here. Please shout at me if I am rubbish.

Hello sazz smile I think we will all be shouting at each other grin

Just out of slacking off at work interest I have been looking at my weight loss chart (which goes back to May 2009...) and rather bizarrely my end of holidays weight is pretty constant:

30.8.13 - 180lb
31.8.12 - 180.25lb
02.9.11 - 175lb
03.9.10 - 180lb.

Hoping now I've spotted the pattern I can break it!

SizzleSazz Wed 04-Sep-13 14:08:43

cool, nice pattern grin

luckoftheirish Wed 04-Sep-13 17:29:48

Great pattern fjorny wink

Over 5 miles walked today in the sunshine! Thank you school run my body has been missing you smile

SizzleSazz Wed 04-Sep-13 21:41:42

I have accidentally had a fast day today - a strawberry and 2 cups of tea for breakfast, a couple of slices of cheese and salami for lunch (plus another cuppa) and a mouthful of kids couscous (plus another cuppa) for tea and am now enjoying a G&ST in the bath.
Not feeling hungry at all today which is great so hence not really eaten.
LOTI - I agree with school run routine and exercise. All feels more do-able somehow smile

SizzleSazz Thu 05-Sep-13 07:22:15

Arse. 11.4 after a fast day. So that's a stone to lose.

I have decided, as the house is a mess, whenever I feel hungry or snacky, I will have a glass of water and then go and do a household task. I tend not to eat when really busy (see yesterday) so hopefully this will have a double bonus!

I am however out tonight and have a work lunch tomorrow, so this could all go pear shaped pretty quickly hmm

Well I am relieved not to be too far behind you sazz well only a stone and a half grin

Down 0.5 this morning to 12 12 and having a fast day today so fingers crossed I can lose a couple by tomoz. Only trouble is there is a fuddle at work with some yummy-looking food to swerve. I WILL stay strong with my bottle of fizzy water...

sazz I love your idea of housework instead of food! A clean house and less wobbling, fingers crossed it works!

loti I am very envy of your lovely walk. Hope you get chance for another one today!

luckoftheirish Thu 05-Sep-13 17:34:49

Sounds like we will all be on the straight and narrow from now on smile

Well done for fast day sazz and hope yours has gone well today fjorny.

I could never fast blush

Another 5 mile walk today smile

Down a bit to 12 10.5. Bit disappointed tbh after 2 fasting days, thought that finally getting back on the straight and narrow would give me a big loss the first week. Still, I won't lose hope and will really try not to go crazy at the weekend. My first test will be today because there is still rather a lot of party food left over. Was v v good yesterday and just had a few carrot sticks while everyone else was tucking into cheese, quiche, crisps and cake etc, but usually once I start I cannot stop.

NO MORE POINTLESS EATING!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a good Friday guys, and don't get washed away by all the rain!

luckoftheirish Fri 06-Sep-13 16:38:23

Only managed 3 miles today due to rubbish weather. Still have hayfever <sniff> and its making me feel horrible so I keep eating to compensate hmm

I need to get focused

SizzleSazz Fri 06-Sep-13 20:06:34

Wine was taken at the pub, but I ate very little yesterday so probably got in below 1500 plus I walked 2 miles to the pub so some offsetting there grin

Went out for lunch today but had crab followed by sea bream and couscous so the most healthy I could have made it. No tea yet so might just not eat and then should be fine cals wise even with the beer I am drinking in the bath

SizzleSazz Fri 06-Sep-13 20:07:39

Sorry that was very me, me, me blush

How did you get on today Fjorn?

luckoftheirish Sat 07-Sep-13 18:47:33

Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Made it to the gym today but didn't really do too much but hoping I can try and go a bit more!

However it's nearly wineo'clock here oops grin

SizzleSazz Sat 07-Sep-13 19:07:20

It's Strictly, of course it's wine time! grin

luckoftheirish Mon 09-Sep-13 09:11:54

Gah crapola weekend hmm school run done in freezing cold and its definitely a soup day so going to try really hard to limit cals.

Hope you have both fared better smile

Was better than usual (apart from Friday buffet scoffage blush) so only +2.5 today which is mainly booze-related. Couple of fast days should sort that out and a bit more too I hope!

Sorry your weather is rubbish today loti we have autumnal sunshine so going to burn a few calories hcking back the jungle garden...

sazz your Friday sounds a good mixture of fun plus healthyish eating [impressed] grin did you manage to keep it up all weekend?

SizzleSazz Mon 09-Sep-13 17:48:13

I did till I was ambushed by peanuts hmm

Weighed in at 11.3 so not too bad but not losing which is what i sm supposed to be doing. Trying to have a semi fast day today.work manic so no chance to buy soup ingredients. Will try to do better tomorrow....

This thread is not accepting new messages.