HotMamas - Are we Hot? Yes we are!

(1000 Posts)

17th thread lucky for successful and sustained weight loss????? Let's hope so!!!

I did mainly avoid carbs, OK had one small piece of chocolate cheesecake, and licked the bowl after making a cake for MIL's birthday but this in NO WAY explains the fucking two pounds I put on in 24 hours to make me +3 on the week <cries> <eats crisps as no bloody point> <sigh>

Today is going to be already a write off so lord knows what the weekend will do, need a new plan cos this sure isn't working...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one though sazz grin

luckoftheirish Fri 03-May-13 11:04:43

Oh dear ladies hmm never mind it's the weekend and the sun is shinning smilesmile

No walk this am and lucky too as dd2 woke up at 5.45 for the day shock

School run done. House tidying done. Off to see hotel in a bit for renewal smile

luckoftheirish Sun 05-May-13 07:58:21

Morning all smile

Hour long walk yesterday am with pal and 5km run/uphill walk at gym

Another hour long walk this am, it is so lovely out there already smile

QueenofDreams Mon 06-May-13 12:07:48

Hi again ladies. Well my weigh in on Friday was slightly disappointing. Same as the Friday before. No gain though at least so I'm still happy grin

However we had a bbq with ILs yesterday and I didn't swerve the carbs much. Slightly overindulged, plus had a can of cider (trying to severely limit alcohol) and had some meringue. Weight up a pound today.

I've bought an exercise ball to do physio exercises on to get my pelvic ligament sorted.

sazz pumpkin porridge is lovely. Serve drizzled with coconut milk and it's wonderful. It's actually rather like having dessert for breakfast, but oh so healthy. The kids love it too, so they come and scavenge my breakfast, therefore aiding me in my diet by making me eat less. Double win!

Last few days have been a blur of cake biscuits and other carby crap blush Having one last attempt to get my head in the right space to lose weight before I give in and be fat...

luckoftheirish Thu 09-May-13 14:36:55

Managed my first early morning walk of the week today, just been doing school runs this week.

My 26 mile walk is a week Sunday and am as unprepared as anything!!!

Healthy eating also has taken a nose dive blush

You will get it back fjorny grin

QueenofDreams Thu 09-May-13 22:05:47

You will get it back fjorn I've been sabotaged tonight. DP cooked dinner, only he put about half a vat of honey in the lamb. Way too sweet and my carb count blown. I dodged the rice though and had fine beans and courgette with it.

Also lost it at the weekend due to bbq at MIL's and then a local festival on Monday at which all the food on offer was carby crap! I've lost the pound I'd gained due to that though at least

luckoftheirish Fri 10-May-13 05:35:57

Went to the gym last night and did a hill walk on treadmill smile

Up this am for morning walk and at the moment the sun is shinning smile

-1 on last week shockshockshock still way too high but a nice surprise, esp as was shovelling calories until Wednesday teatime! So, let me see if I can keep off the carbs all weekend...

loti I hope you had a lovely walk smile

QoD snacking out and about is tricky on a low carb diet I agree, especially with the temptation of freshly fried doughnuts... so well done for losing the excess already!

QueenofDreams Fri 10-May-13 14:20:43

Thanks Fjor We're not planning on going anywhere this weekend thankfully. ILs are coming over tomorrow for food and football, so I'll have to be very very good. I'm 1 lb down on last weeks weight as of this morning, so I'm pretty pleased grin

Well down on your loss too, how much do you have to lose still?

luckoftheirish Fri 10-May-13 18:46:09

I have walked 10 miles today <thud> beyond exhausted!

luckoftheirish Sat 11-May-13 17:15:43

40 mins walk first thing, 5.5km walk/run at gym and another 35 min walk just now, will be glad when this walk is overhmm

luckoftheirish Sun 12-May-13 18:22:11

My exercise is boring me so god knows what you guys make of it blush

Anyway 4 miles walk on my own followed by 3 mile walk with pal.

Gym with another pal and 6km done

Finally walk/scooter with kiddies (2+ miles) so over 12 miles done and beyond pooped, god knows how I am going to survive 26 nxt Sunday!!!

Eating myself out of house and home toohmm

ShadeofViolet Sun 12-May-13 20:27:58

Can I join you ladies.

I would like to lose 2 stone. I am at the heaviest I have ever been (just under 12st and I hate it. I want to make a change.

I have joined the gym today, and I determined to start going at least three times a week.

Hey violet you are more than welcome to join us but as you will probably have realised by now we are not the most dedicated bunch of women blushblush

Well I started the week full of good intentions which have all been undone <sigh>, not got any fatter but not lost any. Am going to have to hide a certain cakey lady from my facebook news feed as ended up cooking bloody jammy doughnut muffins when I got home from work last night shock they were delicious though!

Had to run for train this morning too (at least have had a bit of exercise!) and there was nothing in my legs, am sooooo unfit now. Not sure what exercise to start but need to do something...

QueenofDreams Thu 16-May-13 21:29:59

I've fallen off the wagon as well Fjor! Mostly because of DP having a go for reducing carbs. Not healthy he says.

For exercise I've taken up a sport. It's a bit crazy though. DP calls it 'death skating' grin Not been for a while due to hip issues though. I'm still 3lb lighter than I was when I rejoined this thread though.

luckoftheirish Fri 17-May-13 07:37:08

Still here blush big walk Sunday so please think of me on my 26 mike trek smile

Fjorny walking is really helping with the old toning, I am amazed as I thought going mad at the gym was the way forward! And the good thing is you should be able to fit it in smile

luckoftheirish Mon 20-May-13 05:42:53

Well the 26 miles are done smile don't feel too bad but incredibly bloated! This is a way to gain the pounds not loose them! Fingers crossed its just a temporary blip!

Due to walk with pal at 6 but unless it stops raining will be having another brew instead!

luckoftheirish Mon 20-May-13 08:07:51

The walk kinda of happened grin, got to Paul's house and she wasn't outside! Forgot phone so walked up and down her road 3 times and realised she wasn't coming so came home, so only managed a mile, school run on the horizon smile

SizzleSazz Mon 20-May-13 18:45:51

OMG, I am so, so rubbish. Weight has been going on (i'm sure although not weighed as too scared FFS hmm)

So, am retrying for the 797th time <sigh>

Went to circuits on Wednesday, ran 5k on Sunday and ran 5k and 10 mins powerplate today. I am hoping if I can up the exercise this will force me into reigning in the food which has been atrocious blush

I am going to try and get up at 6am on a Monday and Friday (and possibly Thurs too) and do a quick half hour run or maybe shred if wet . Wednesday will remain as circuits.

Grapefruit or egg for brekker and salad for lunch.

Well done on the walk LOTI, the loss QoD and welcome to ShadeofViolet.

I am aiming to post every day to keep me focussed. I have done it before and I KNOW I can do it again. Oh and I have another Podiatry appointment tomorrow so fingers x'd they can actually work out what is wrong with my foot hmm

luckoftheirish Mon 20-May-13 19:29:26

Welcome back sizz smile

6 miles walking done, hoping that means I am nicely stretched and don't extra ache tomorrow! Incredibly tired tonight tho hmm

SizzleSazz Mon 20-May-13 20:17:55

I'm not surprised LOTI. I'm impressed you managed to walk out of bed!

SizzleSazz Tue 21-May-13 07:25:57

Set the alarm for 6. Turned it off pretty sharpish. hmmgrin

luckoftheirish Tue 21-May-13 14:26:15

Oh sizzgrin I was walking at 6 determination! Just school run to do and will have done 7 1/2 miles smile

Working all week tho hmm

SizzleSazz Tue 21-May-13 14:52:05

You are clearly a better woman than me LOTI grin

I now have a fully strapped foot - they have given me a 'fake' plantar fascia to try to give mine a break, and I need to practice more weight bearing on my heel as I am coming off it too quickly which is causing my foot to roll. I may try 6am tomorrow as I will miss circuits as have to pop into work.

LOTI, I think your work is pretty active, so I shouldn't worry too much about missing out on 'formal' exercise

This thread is not accepting new messages.