HotMamas - Are we Hot? Yes we are!

(1000 Posts)

17th thread lucky for successful and sustained weight loss????? Let's hope so!!!

SizzleSazz Mon 22-Apr-13 20:06:42

Errr, no exercise & lots of food. Never mind, tis a new week smile

Well done LOTI, you are truly flying the flag!

Was good yesterday so down a bit today <phew>

Had one chocolate biscuit after lunch which was very yummy; so far managing not to completely fall off the wagon after that small blip...

luckoftheirish Tue 23-Apr-13 16:41:03

Hurrah fjorny smile just school run today due to poorly dd but its still 4 miles smile

SizzleSazz Tue 23-Apr-13 22:30:44

Yay Fjorn. Good restraint smile

Good walking too LOTI. I walked/ran about 6k this morning but shin and foot started hurting so I curtailed it. Tried to ring podiatrist for an appt about 5 times but no answer <sigh>

Yay for the exercise guys smile but sorry to hear your foot is still giving you gip (gyp???) sazz. Hope you can get an appointment quickly.

loti hope DD is better today and you get some serious toning time grin

Massive weeing from me yesterday so am down 0.75lb on Friday grin 12 0.75 and a good chance of getting back to 11-something by Friday...

luckoftheirish Wed 24-Apr-13 20:56:53

School runs done and lovely 40 min walk tonight smile oh a few sit up lol grin

QueenofDreams Wed 24-Apr-13 21:54:09

Hey guys, saw the thread in weight loss topic, so thought I'd pop in and say hi as I've got no idea where everyone chats now (if you do) hope you're all doing well.

SizzleSazz Thu 25-Apr-13 08:23:37

Huzzah for being down Fjorny. Well done smile

LOTI - walks sound lovely - am hoping to walk tomorrow morning.

Hey QoD, nice to see you pop by smile. I think most aug 08's are on fb in some way so people catch up there. Are you joining us for some crap weightless support? grin

Down 1.0 on last fri to 10.12.75 so happy with that. Richards birthday this weekend though......

Hey QoD nice to see you!

sazz well done, I'm down a fraction so -1 on Friday too. I don't have a DH birthday to look forward to this weekend though...

loti you are really getting on with your exercise!

QueenofDreams Thu 25-Apr-13 10:28:49

yeah I'll join you for weightloss! I've managed to lose just over one stone in the last 7 months, so not doing too great, but at least it's lower than it was. I can't get any serious exercise though because of my silly ligament damage issues, but I'm having physio for it now so I'll hopefully be able to start getting more active once that's resolved.

SizzleSazz Thu 25-Apr-13 20:16:54

You're doing far better than any of us QoD grin. Well done on over a stone, that's fab smile

We are still officially weighing on Fridays and I have about 3/4 stone to shift asap.

QueenofDreams Thu 25-Apr-13 21:45:45

haha, sazz I have about 3 stone to go so it'll take a while at this rate grin

luckoftheirish Fri 26-Apr-13 06:42:06

Morningsmile

Good things this week- have walked school run every day and managed gym at the weekend and two extra walks smile

Bad things this week- I am addicted to mini eggs and have been scoffing them like they are going out of fashion blushblushblush

Fingers crossed for good weigh in ladies xxx

Oh FFS I am back to evens on last week angry Went to friend'e house after work yesterday for her and her DD's birthday, she always does a carby but nice beige buffet and because I was a bit late DH had got me a plateful. Too polite to leave the quiche/pizza/sausage roll (although did swerve cake shock) so hoping it's carb bloating and not just my inability to bloody lose weight... Have managed not to feel utterly disheartened and scoff a pain au chocolat so far this morning so that's progress, right???

loti I love mini eggs too grin but luckily there are none left at my house...

sazz good luck on your weigh smile

QoD I have been losing/gaining/losing the same stone for the last three years <sigh> with still 1.5 to 2 to go. Hope you are more successful grin

LittleNutTree Fri 26-Apr-13 07:21:10

Hello you lot! I saw this thread in active convos and can't believe this thread is still around, you're all doing really well to keep at it! I'm knackered just thinking of all your efforts grin

QueenofDreams Fri 26-Apr-13 10:40:52

fjor are you going low carb then? I'm trying to replace my refined carbs with healthier options. For example I'm currently scoffing a paleo pumpkin porridge instead of having toast! I'd actually like to do primal blueprint style eating, but DP gets in the way of that. He's quite set in his ways WRT diet. I think I lost the same 5lb several times for about a year before I actually started losing any weight. It was most frustrating.

luckoftheirish Tue 30-Apr-13 08:08:56

Back in the game with an early morning walk smile gym on sat and school runs yesterday smile still too many mini eggs tho blush

QoD yes I am trying to low-carb although seem to fall off the wagon into a vat of cake every weekend blush

Hence the horrific weigh in yesterday, not much better today <sigh> my target of 8lb off by 17 May is well and truly fucked...

loti step away from the eggs!!!!!

sazz how was the DH birthday weekend, boozy & cheesy????

LittleNut Tree hello! At least you have a good excuse for getting fatter grin

luckoftheirish Wed 01-May-13 07:29:17

50 mins sunshine walk this am smile now getting organised for work hmm

SizzleSazz Wed 01-May-13 16:52:41

Ha ha Fjorn, no weigh in so far this week as out for lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday shock. Not much better since tbh. i'm impressed by your perseverance with the scales!

Walked to school yesterday, so 2.5 miles and walked about 5 miles today which was nice. Foot still hurting and podiatrist out of ideas hmm

HI LNT, we are still bumbling along with LOTI responsible for most of our 'efforts' grin

Well done on the gym & walking LOTI - are you feeling any healthier/less poorly?

QoD - Paleo pumpkin porridge sounds grim interesting grin

luckoftheirish Thu 02-May-13 05:49:01

Morning all just getting ready for my morning walk smileI love it so much when it's lovely and quiet, the sun is shining and a nice gossip with my friend smile

Work again today and another friend up for walking tonight!

Sazz feeling much much better thank you smile diet is still a bitt rubbish blush but feel more tones from the walking and much prefer it to slacking away at the gym smile

Hope yesterday was a better day fjorny smile

Waves to qod and lnt smile

loti I am rather envy of your walk this morning, it's beautiful here today too but all I can see from my rubbish office is one small corner of blue sky sad and those fecking lottery numbers keep refusing to match the ones on my ticket <sigh>

Weight coming off but very very slowly, despite my being good. Still 1lb up on Friday, and with a birthday fuddle at work today the chances of getting rid of that are pretty slim...

Off out for fish & chips with MIL tomorrow teatime, then a weekend away with friends means that despite the lack of booze I will no doubt be crying on the scales again come Tuesday blush

sazz what a bugger re your foot. I hope your podiatrist can refer you to someone a bit cleverer!

Swerving carbs so far but there are some yummy looking puddings to come...

luckoftheirish Thu 02-May-13 20:38:26

Hope you contained to swerve the carbs fjorny smile

Hour walk tonight and school runs done , legs are sore now grin

SizzleSazz Fri 03-May-13 06:57:16

Eek. Back to 11stone. No motivation this week so no surprise really. Hope you do better Fjorn smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.