HotMamas - Are we Hot? Yes we are!

(1000 Posts)

17th thread lucky for successful and sustained weight loss????? Let's hope so!!!

luckoftheirish Mon 25-Mar-13 12:02:38

blushblushblush Creeps in is anyone there? blushblush

SizzleSazz Tue 26-Mar-13 10:32:18

La la la la la la la

Went out for dinner last night with a friend. Pizza & chips.

Need I say more???? Too feckin freezing for me to care about atm hmm

SizzleSazz Tue 26-Mar-13 20:16:46

Pizza Hut for lunch.

La la la la la

I don't even really like pizza hmm

Checking in at 11 13 so a bloody miracle considering the volume of cake I have been shovelling blushblushblush if I had been doing this without the overactive thyroid I'd be 12 13 though so some consolation grin

Hope you guys manage to rein it in a bit too. Looks a bit sunnier out today so maybe if spring ever comes we may feel a craving for salad instead of chips...

luckoftheirish Fri 29-Mar-13 13:38:34

My scales have broken blush continuing to do about 1/2 hr of home circuits and school runs so a least a little exercise. However as now dds are off we shall see blush

luckoftheirish Sun 31-Mar-13 10:22:26

Happy Easter hot mamas grin

luckoftheirish Sat 06-Apr-13 19:54:25

Ok so we have all been horribly quiet on here blushblushblushblush

Off on holly bobs Tom but from 15th April it is only 10 weeks to do so it will be strict strict strict!!! Hope u ladies will join me. grin

I'm back, blush here too...

Fab weekend which despite zero booze had me shock hmm and blush at the scales but back this morning to where I was before I got ill at 12 2. So have put on 4lb <sigh>. I did go to the doctor yesterday and she told me my thyroid is only just overactive, so all the time I thought I was hungry due to mad metabolism I was just being greedy blushblushblush. Time to stop...

luckoftheirish Sun 14-Apr-13 19:13:33

Back from holly bobs! All guns blazing Tom! Plan on trying to daily post to get back on track! Who is with me? smile

Hello loti, hope you had a good holiday despite your illing, and you are feeling motivated to stay on the wagon for the next few weeks...

I am back at work today sad but usually do find it easier to keep my food intake under control while I am here (although not the few weeks before Easter blushblushblush) so I'll have to try very hard...

12 4.5 this morning shock and was even worse yesterday, so half a stone in two weeks, without any booze...

Down a bit to 12 3 today, was v v good yesterday and OK so far today. Start on my anti-thyroid tablets tomorrow so going to have to be really careful from now on <eek>

How are you doing loti?

And where are you sazz???

luckoftheirish Wed 17-Apr-13 14:15:39

Hey fjorny well done on the loss smile I am concentrating more on the healithy eating/exercise approach as scales broke and really want to get healthier smile

Early morning walk this am, work done walk to from school and round two in an hour so clicking up the miles and fresh air smile

Am definitely lagging behind on the exercise, had to run to station on Tuesday and realised my fitness has disappeared blush also had my waist measured at the hospital yesterday, wasn't allowed to breathe in and was shockblush at the number...

Down another 1 to 12 2 so again back to where I started. Apparently tablets take a while to kick in so have a few weeks to lose lose lose.

So my goal is to lose 8lb (from what I weigh tomorrow) by 17 May.

SizzleSazz Thu 18-Apr-13 18:56:32

Hellllooooooooo grin

Well, I braved the scales and was 11.0.75 this morning. For the last few months it seems I have been wavering between 10.12 and 11.2, so at least haven't massively put on.

I have continued with my one exercise session a week which is a bit crap, but better than nothing. I made some cabbage soup yesterday, so have been trying to fill up a bit on that and avoid carbs as much as poss. Not being very rigorous though hmm

I need to follow up with the podiatrist as my foot is still painful (although this is no excuse, I have just been crap!)

LOTI - good idea on the health thing first. I always try to have lots of fresh ginger, garlic, chilli & herbs and this seems to do well for me.

Fjorn - well done on knuckling down. Fingers x'd the tablets don't give you too much of an adverse reaction. x

Hello sazz grin well done on not larding up too much! Sorry to hear your foot is still hurting though, hope you get some answers from the podiatrist.

I've managed 3 whole days of goodness this week grin I have gone no further than sniffing the pringles at work <preen> and avoided all the biscuits too. Friday usually worst day so fingers crossed I can keep on the straight & narrow, then NO CAKE this weekend...

Come on Loti you were supposed to be posting every day! Hope you're too busy doing exercise wink

luckoftheirish Fri 19-Apr-13 05:24:57

Well hello there smile mad and horrible couple of days stress wise grrrr

However continue with school runs and going out for a walk at 6 yes 6am with my pal. Secretly looking forward to it blushblush

SizzleSazz Fri 19-Apr-13 06:51:22

Blimey LOTI that's good! Hope you are having fun.

10.13.75 to log for a new week. Pleased to be back under 11 smile

luckoftheirish Fri 19-Apr-13 07:27:08

40 mins walk, was lovely but good, showered and having a well deserved brew before school run smile

Well done sazz onwards and downwards smile

Wow loti that's dedication! Hope the weather was better at your house than at mine, if I'd gone walking here at 6am I wouldn't have needed a shower after!

Yay for being 10-something sazz, hopefully it's the spur you need to keep it up this time.

i am 12 1.5 which I am reasonably OK about. Swerved bacon butties croissants and biscuits so far today in favour of yoghurt with raspberries and flaked almonds (delicious), just got to keep away from the tin for another 6 hours <eek>

SizzleSazz Fri 19-Apr-13 10:48:36

I have doughnuts on the shelf next to me Fjorn! Keep away - We can do this!!!!

luckoftheirish Fri 19-Apr-13 11:52:40

I have cleaned house from top to bottom it took two hours and I am pooped! Another brew on the go! Well done for keeping away from the naughty stuff ladies smile must confess I did indulge in a marshmallow or two whilst cleaning blush just for that extra boost of energy you knowwink

luckoftheirish Sat 20-Apr-13 11:18:51

40 mins on stepper smile now having a nice brew whilst waiting for the dds tennis to start smile

Hope you both managed to swerve the sweet treats grin

luckoftheirish Sun 21-Apr-13 16:19:08

40 mins in gym with pal, 45 mins play swim with dds and a brisk scooter/walk phew smile however have eaten like food is going out of fashion blush

luckoftheirish Mon 22-Apr-13 06:58:47

Morning smile 40 mins walk in the sunshine not bad for a Monday morningsmile

Hey loti you are doing a grand job!

Pretty good on Saturday, pretty bad on Sunday, +3 this morning shock but been good today so hope I'll wee most of it out. Just need to start exercising but no idea what sort. It'll need to be gentle...

This thread is not accepting new messages.