New Mum seeking new body by Christmas!

(1000 Posts)
CoraBear Mon 24-Oct-11 12:18:43

My baby boy is 6 months old and I am quite overweight. Ok, I'm alot overweight (takes deep breath) I'm 15 stone. At 5 ft 7 this is waaay to much. I am sitting here in the one pair of trousers that fit me and my DP's tee shirt because none of my tops fit properly. Basically my stomach looks like a deflated paddling pool and my thighs are so big that I'm fairly sure that if I sit down too much longer they will burst open.

After I had the baby I took the very grown up approach to weight loss and I hoped that if I ignored the problem it would go away and somehow I would have a body like posh spice-because all new mothers lose all the weight instantly don't they? Turns out they don't, and surviving on mini aero's didn't help. I weigh more now than when I gave birth.

I have a serious lack of motivation but I decided to see if I could lose some pounds before Christmas, as I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was pregnant and want to look casually fabulous. So are any of you interested in holding my hand, kicking my arse and generally helping each other to stay on track? I really want to do this but I know if I'm not answerable to others my resolve will slip.

I have my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow, which I'm dreading as it will mean that the leader will weigh me and know what a tubby fecker I am. So, if any of you weight watcher followers or followers of other plans would like to come and join me and share stories of jogging up and down while eating maltesers so the points are being eaten and burned off simultaneously or just have a rant about how unfair the world is when you're hungry, you are welcome.

Right, I'm off to remove all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets from my house before tomorrow. That's right, when I say "remove" I do of course mean "eat them".

SweetBabyCheeses Sat 28-Sep-13 15:16:49

Yay! Well done on the weightloss Choos. That's brill. I suppose being run off your feet has that effect though. How the hell do you manage to carry Little Choos around? DS weighs a frickin ton, I still have him in his buggy sometimes. I have the buggy board for when the baby comes.

I'm glad to hear your kids are like best friends SayHello. That's what I hope for with my two. DS has said he loves the baby already and he regularly talks to my belly, but only time will tell.

My MIL can be lovely or she can trot out the most thoughtless things in the world. I think she feels a little left out because I'm not in to letting her feel my bump and I don't invite that sort of thing. I know she wants to do it but I think if I let her feel it once she'd be pawing at me constantly. I've tried to convince SIL to have a baby so MIL can fuss over her. She wasn't too enthusiastic - I can't imagine why smile

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 30-Sep-13 14:28:27

Hey all,

me again. I've name changed again coz my husband found out my screen name and it irked me - everything irks me in fairness - so I had to change it. He's not a cyber stalker or anything, but I just like him not knowing. Anyhoo, it's still me Sweet, just another new name.

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 30-Sep-13 14:32:07

Oh, it just occured to me that if he looks up my old messages he'll find this one. Huh, that's annoying.

Well these are the consequences for leaving my MN profile open. He's not a weirdo who'd do that though, I just know he gets very bored at work sometimes.

Nearly 2 years since I started this thread. I'm still lighter now even though I'm pregnant.

NewChoos Thu 03-Oct-13 13:03:48

Yes the carrying around is getting hard, I bribed him to go on the buggy board today by buying him a peppa pig magazine.
They are both asleep!! I don't know what to do with myself...

Total weight loss is 6lb (in 3 weeks) but I am getting seriously bored of it. Your sustained weight loss is amazing Solitude. Know what you mean, sometimes DH looks over my shoulder to see what I am doing and it drives me mad.

Hope all good with you SayHello.

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 07-Oct-13 14:07:01

Choos - 6lbs in three weeks is great. You must be so proud of it! That's nearly half a stone - gone! Are you using weight watchers? I remember how boring it can be to be on a long term diet , but it's even more boring having nothing to wear. What's your goal weight?

Bribary and child rearing go hand in hand, it is an essential part of parenting. I had to bribe DS with croissants to get him to sit in the trolley when I was shopping, I couldn't handle him "helping" me get the groceries.

My weight has started to creep up, nothing too scary, but I'm 27 weeks gone now so I suppose it's to be expected. The baby is a big fecker, it feels like there's an eel wriggling around in there.

I've spent the last week doing my Christmas shopping when DS has been in Montessori. I have a feeling this baby will either be quite early or very late. I've been having really bad Braxton Hicks, verging on contractions, over the last few weeks. So I don't want to risk DS or my nieces having no gifts. I don't really care if the adults have none, they'll understand.

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 07-Oct-13 14:08:27

Gah! Stupid computer, apologies if there's loads of spelling mistakes. I can't turn on spell check on this computer. It's sooo annoying.

Hope everyone's well.

NewChoos Fri 11-Oct-13 20:56:00

Gosh that's very organised. Having said that I made a start on my shopping this week. Took a trip to Bicester Village (outlet) and got SIL a Radley handbag for £70 (reduced from £169!) Not keen on Radley myself but she is a big fan.

Another 2lbs off this week, but I feel things will slow up now. I am aiming for 9st 12, but that may be a bit ambitious and may settle for around 10st 5-7 isn. A stone and a half to go at least anyway. Would like at least a stone before Christmas ideally.

Are you measuring ok for dates? Don't worry too much about your weight now, this is the baby gaining a lot towards the end I seem to remember.
DD is 13 weeks now, it's going so quick, think we are getting more settled now. but wow it's busy!

Have a good weekend!

SolitudeSometimesIs Sat 12-Oct-13 00:19:22

13 weeks! The time is flying.

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's fantastic. I think your goal of a stone by Christmas is realistic, there's loads of time and you're doing so well.

Been feeling dreadful this week. Lots of Braxton Hicks - which are frickin agony and caused me to be sick - the return of nausea and what I think were three actual proper contractions over the course of 15 mins today. I'm exhausted and emotional and sore. Not a good combo. The baby is bouncing around but I've started to get my stuff ready for my hospital bag because the contractions really freaked me out. My neighbour sat with me for a while to make sure I was ok because I was going to head to the hospital if they continued.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Thu 17-Oct-13 10:22:08

Sorry I haven't been on in a while again, just been catching up on the posts I've missed.

Is everything ok Solitude?? Hope you're alright now xx

Wow Choos, I can't believe your dd is 13 weeks already! Hope you're all doing well too smile

SolitudeSometimesIs Fri 18-Oct-13 22:12:44

Hi SayHello,

How's everything?

I'm still hanging on in here. Was at the hospital for scans and such today and the baby is fine, he/she is breech and trying to turn constantly so I think that's the reason for all of the pain.

NewChoos Mon 21-Oct-13 09:58:34

Morning Solitude and SayHello

How are things Solitude? Both my babies were breech, I had c sections in the end. YOur baby will soon be here and all the pain will be forgotten..

Gone off the boil with the diet and didn't lose last week, trying to get back on track. Had some professional photos taken of little and tinychoos, will post when I get the cd.

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 21-Oct-13 13:51:05

Did you feel like your ribs were being pulled apart by the baby trying to stretch out Choos? I feel like the baby is trying to spread them, it's agony.

Don't worry about going off the boil with WW, you're doing really well and a week isn't going to make too much difference. How are the kids getting on together? My DS has decided he doesn't want a sister, he only wants a brother - so I told him that we have to take whatever the doctor gives us. So he can blame the doctor, I'm not having him giving out to me if I have a girl!

NewChoos Mon 21-Oct-13 16:37:18

Yes it was sore at times.
How do you feel about a section if the baby doesn't turn.

Your DS sounds so advanced!

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 21-Oct-13 17:49:56

Advanced? Well, if that means that he has an opinion on EVERYTHING and absolutely has to have the last word - then yes, he is. (He has all my bad habits thlgrin.

I don't mind if I have another section. A VBAC was something I was hoping for, but purely because the recovery time is quicker. But really, all I want is a happy, snuggly baby. Really looking forward to baby cuddles!

NewChoos Mon 28-Oct-13 10:56:01

How's it going everyone?

I've fallen off the diet a bit - aiming to be strict again…
Tiny and Little full of colds and DH has man flu - feel my pain...

SolitudeSometimesIs Tue 29-Oct-13 00:04:26

Not man-flu?!

There is nothing worse to listen to than a bloke with man-flu. I hope the kids are ok. Are they very out of sorts? I think dieting is probably the last thing on your mind when you have a sick baby and toddler. Just make sure that you're taking care of yourself so that you don't get sick.

I spent an hour reading up on how Kim Kardashian lost all of her baby weight - y'know, for inspiration. God it seems like hard work. I've fallen off the diet wagon before I even got on it. I'm eating like a savage because I'm just so happy that I can eat without being sick. I have no will power.

I picked up the M&S Christmas food catelogue on Saturday, some of their stuff looks fab. I want to order the vegetarian party food platter so that I'll have a stash of yummy food for myself. I learned the hard way with DS that if you need to eat when breastfeeding a baby, you need to eat stuff that's not going to drip on their heads (stupid soup).

SolitudeSometimesIs Tue 29-Oct-13 00:09:40

Choos - do you mind me asking you a c-section scar question? Feel free to not answer it.

My scar gets quite sore (I had a cs with DS), but it's not sore on the outside, as the area has been quite numb since the surgery, but it's sore inside. Did you get this? Is it scar tissue stretching? It's like a pulling pain, it can be really bad.

I have an appointment with my obs on Friday so I was going to harrass her with questions and I can get her to check it out. The scar looks fine from the outside, I just have no idea what's going on inside.

Thanks.

NewChoos Tue 29-Oct-13 20:56:58

I think it's just stretching Solitude. I used to feel a bit itchy as well. Do ask her about scar tissue though and if she thinks a section will be more difficult. I had to have an additional cut as DD was in a difficult position. I was told if I did have a 3rd child would definitely need another section.
I would ask for a scan on the morning of the section (if you are having one) so they can check position.
Can't remember when how many weeks you have left?

Man flu vv bad. Am being vv patient (at the moment).

NewChoos Tue 29-Oct-13 20:58:15

ps Good idea re M&S food. Dropped curry on DD baby grow the other week and when she went to get changed there was part of a tortilla chip in her nappy….. the shame.

SolitudeSometimesIs Tue 29-Oct-13 21:35:19

Oh my God Choos that made me laugh my head off, there was a tortilla chip in her nappy?! That's very Tommy from the Rugrats. Maybe she swiped it when you weren't looking.

You are a far better wife than I am for putting up with the man flu. I am hugely unsympathetic, any sort of coughing, sniffing, nose blowing turns my stomach so I get really pissed off with it <ponders why nursing career never took off>

I'll ask my obs about the additional cut and positioning of the baby, thanks for that. I'm 30 weeks now, so another little while to go yet. I have a huge bump, I'm not sure how the hell I'm going to last any longer.

NewChoos Wed 30-Oct-13 14:49:13

It was bad as a midwife was there (was official weigh in!) not sure if he saw it or not!!

When I say tolerant I mean not making too many snippy comments, I can feel my resolve going as he has just managed to down chilli and rice while watching a film. I have been out with tiny buying her and little winter clothes.

30 weeks - it will fly by now, do you think you'll go to term or maybe have an early christmas present?!

SolitudeSometimesIs Wed 30-Oct-13 15:50:28

Well, if the midwife had noticed you could've rolled your eyes and say that Tiny had eaten a bag of Dorito's for lunch! Can you imagine the reaction to that!

Well now that your DH is "well rested" he can take over and clean the bathroom/mop the floors/some hideous job that won't take too long but is annoying to do. I can't bear self-pitying man-flu (but I am more than happy to have a self-pitying whinge about being pregnant).

I think the baby will either be a bit early - in and around Christmas Day - or very late. There's this image I have in my head of cuddling a tiny baby beside a Christmas tree. I am quite looking forward to not being pregnant, I am so sore and uncomfortable. My friend is due a baby on Monday so I can get a few newborn cuddles in before my baby arrives.

dagusa Wed 30-Oct-13 19:22:38

Hi, I haven't read all 700+ replies to your thread, so it may be that someone mentioned this already, but are you taking contraceptive pill? I switched from microgynon30 4 weeks ago after taking it for 15 years, to cerazette, which has different type of hormone. And OMG! I was on the same pill for so long, I must have not noticed it was making my apetite bigger until I stopped. On this new pill, I just don't feel hungry at all, I eat small portions of food and they last forever! I am not "on a diet" and yet I have lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks, I am over the moon about it and want to share it with everyone - hormones do affect your apetite and cravings! I have just ordered a new, much smaller size party dress for Xmass season, the one I got last month is nice enough but already too big! It might be a good idea to look at your contraception, hope it helps, and good luck!

SolitudeSometimesIs Wed 30-Oct-13 20:07:40

Hi dagusa,

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's brilliant. You must be delighted that making such a small change has made such a big difference. I never would have thought that a pill would have that sort of impact. I was on Celeste (I think it was called) but it made me in to a psycho. The mirena made me put on a stone every year I had it. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

NewChoos Mon 04-Nov-13 13:12:53

How did your appointment go Solitude?

Hope everyone had nice weekends?

This thread is not accepting new messages.