5 months pregnant and my fiance has just passed away

(109 Posts)
Soppykiss Sat 02-Feb-13 23:56:36

My fiance died two weeks ago and I am just over 5 months. He was diagnosed with cancer the same day I found out I was pregnant. I just don't know if I can do this without him. I've not bought anything for the baby and I really don't know how I feel right now. I'm functioning because I know he would have wanted me to be strong and look after the baby but it's hard.

ClartyCarol Thu 08-Aug-13 01:57:40

Congratulations, have just read all of this thread - so sad but also joyful - enjoy yours and Jon's baby girl. Wishing you much strength, courage and happy times ahead.

Childcareisscary Thu 08-Aug-13 02:09:04

Congratulations. I can't begin to imagine your joy after such a tough time. Enjoy her.

something2say Fri 09-Aug-13 18:41:02

Congratulations darling. I actually thought of you the other day. So pleased your baby has arrived x

honey86 Fri 09-Aug-13 21:47:57

sorry you lost your dp, i lost my dp at five months preg too... was the hardest time of my life but it eventually made me a stronger wiser person. big congrats on baby thanksthanks

BCBG Sat 10-Aug-13 21:18:33

Congratulations to you, and to Jon, and hello to Yasmin xx

everlong Sun 11-Aug-13 20:26:59

Oh that's such la lovely post.
Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. A lovely unique name too.

ChimeForChange Tue 13-Aug-13 19:07:02

Congratulations SOPPY - what a big girl!

Beautiful name, I hope she brings you and Jon's family such joy, he lives on through her.

Were you able to register Jon as her father?

Xx

listenwatchreadshare Tue 13-Aug-13 19:46:23

DH passed away when my DDs were 3 and 5, which is coming up to 10 years ago now.
It's been really hard. Especially the first two years of bereavement, which were just confused shock. I found the loneliness the hardest - the feeling that no-one really understands how it feels. I was also far too hard on myself, desperate to have a "normal" life and carry on as if nothing bad had happened to me at all.
I'd definitely give myself lots of advice on how to do things differently now. But I guess if I hadn't had that experience, I wouldn't know... So it was only by going through it and making mistakes that I could find out. Such is life.
We all deal with things in different ways, so I can't assume to give you any advice, but if you want to ask me anything or PM me, please feel free.
Wishing you and your DD lots of joy and happiness together - I know she will be extra precious to you.

Congrats to you Soppy on the arrival of baby Yasmin.

I know just how much you will love her, your heart is FULL of love, you can tell by the wonderful way you have described Jon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now