My friend Liz died today.

(16 Posts)
chickydoo Fri 26-Oct-12 20:15:40

Just that.
My Lovely friend Liz died today.
A strong brave woman. So independent.
I loved her, and will miss her so so much.
I think I am still in shock.
I just wanted to tell someone

ledkr Fri 26-Oct-12 20:16:40

Oh how awful why don't you tell us about her

Gunznroses Fri 26-Oct-12 20:18:05

So sorry to hear that OP sad did she have children ?

Yama Fri 26-Oct-12 20:18:50

I am very sorry Chickydoo. I have been close to tears all day. My wee brother died two and a half years ago and it hits hard at times.

Do you want to tell us about your friend Liz? I'd like to hear about her.

knittedslippersx3 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:19:35

So sorry. Be kind to yourself xx

You expect your parents and grandparents to die before you. You expect your friends to be around forever, dont you. I m so sorry to hear this sad news, Chickydoo, a good friend is a treasure forever.

chickydoo Fri 26-Oct-12 20:24:58

Thank you
No she didn't have children, but was lovely with my kids. Always helping out.
She had been ill for a while, I saw her last week & she seemed Ok, she didn't feel good on Tuesday & died today. We think it was a pulmonary embolism, will have to wait for the pm.
She was so proud & vibrant, she had MS, but was quite an aggressive form, also lots of complications.
We did laugh a lot & she gave me lots of confidence and had a wicked sense of humour. She had a lovely husband, a soppy cat and a tankful of fish... And lots of friends ...

ledkr Fri 26-Oct-12 20:30:10

I guess you can remember her as having a happy fulfilling life and a good friend in you

Shakey1500 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:33:03

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. She sounds absolutely wonderful. People like that are few and far between aren't they?

A close friend of mine died two years ago, she was wonderful too. She also had a great sense of humour and quite often we find ourselves saying a "Lou-ism" and laughing affectionately. My favourite (though I realise it will mean zilch to anyone but me) is when she was arguing about the pronunciation of "Theydon Bois". She was adamant is was Theydon Boys whilst the rest were Theydon Bwah. I can still hear her screeching smile

Take Care x

OhlimpPricks Fri 26-Oct-12 21:36:28

I'm sorry to hear the news. When something like this happens, you look around you and wonder how everyday life is continuing after such a sadness. It continues much richer than before,as you realise quite how precious someone was.
Be good to yourself. x

Everlong Fri 26-Oct-12 21:45:21

Our friends are so important.

I'm so sorry about Liz, she sounds a lovely lady and a great friend.

Rip.

chicky you take good care of yourself ((()))

chickydoo Fri 26-Oct-12 21:49:01

Shakey1500
Thank you... You made me smile.
MN is so wonderful sometimes.
I appreciate everyone's kind words

DorsetKnob Fri 26-Oct-12 21:51:08

I am so sorry for your loss, she sounds fabulous.

whiteandyelloworchid Fri 26-Oct-12 23:00:55

i'm really sorry to hear that, sounds like you were both lucky to have each other
i'm so sorry for your loss

Portofino Fri 26-Oct-12 23:07:41

So sorry to hear this. Lovely friends are so important. MN is chock full of dh,dc and evil playground witches, Noone ever celebrates their good friends. RIP Liz.

chickydoo Fri 26-Oct-12 23:09:07

Thank you all again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now