Cradle cap- did you intervene or just leave it?

(29 Posts)
princessx Wed 17-Apr-13 22:28:08

My 14wk old ds has quite bad cradle cap and his dad is making it his personal mission to get rid of it. I think all the interfering with it is making it worse, and I'd like him to just leave it alone to sort itself out.

He's washing it vigorously with the cradle cap shampoo about once a week, and putting on olive oil or rubbing it with a towel almost every other night.

I can't stand it but he looks after him every night for 2 hours when I put our daughter to bed, so he does it all then .

I'm seeing the health visitor about it next week, but I don't imagine she'll say more than use the shampoo every now and then.

Anyone got any words of wisdom? Presumably it would sort itself out if left alone?

Hermionewastherealhero Mon 22-Apr-13 20:57:30

We used the dentinox shampoo and it went within a couple of days- easy peasy

Beamur Mon 22-Apr-13 21:02:42

DD had it, but I mostly just left it, it wasn't too bad and as she had red hair it wasn't that noticeable.
It goes by itself eventually, I did lift off some looser flakes, but it can make your babies skin sore if you pick at it too much.
She still had it when she was 3ish and I found gently combing her scalp with an afro comb lifted it off easily and painlessly and then I washed her hair to remove the flakes.

2cats2many Mon 22-Apr-13 21:05:28

I took great pleasure in smothering it in olive oil then picking off. It gave me hours of amusement.

Smudging Mon 22-Apr-13 21:07:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now