Toddler hooked on calpol?!

(7 Posts)
GadaboutTheGreat Sat 30-Mar-13 22:46:42

Well, not really wink but DD (2.6) seems to ask for it most nights now. She has apparently been teething (back molars) for a while but I've still to see any toothy evidence.

I don't want to deny her pain relief if she needs it, but I'm not convinced she does need it each night. She seems to just like taking it strange child . confused

piprabbit Sat 30-Mar-13 22:48:48

It tastes like strawberry sweeties - what's not to like if you are 2yo?

Could you try her on some baby Bonjela for a change? Just to break the cycle?

GadaboutTheGreat Sat 30-Mar-13 22:56:12

grin

Haven't tried bonjela for ages but yes good idea to break the cycle and see if she really needs it

My DS asks for Calpol loads if he's had it over a few days for teething.

I'd just leave it, if she seems genuinely in pain give her some. If she's just trying her luck then she'll forget about it after a while.

Jakeyblueblue Sun 31-Mar-13 09:13:21

Obviously if she doesn't really need it it would be best not to have it, but when my ds was cutting his last molars, I had to give him calpol most nights for ages. I asked the dr and she said it was fine so try not to worry if its needed. Won't do any harm.

seeker Sun 31-Mar-13 09:14:36

Hang on, you give a 2 year old calpol because she asks for it? Have I got that right?

Sirzy Sun 31-Mar-13 09:26:25

Unless you think that their is something physically wrong don't give it. Just say no or give some teething gel instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now