9 year old daughter, and me.....

(3 Posts)
miku Sat 02-Mar-13 17:12:25

I am on my monthly, and my 9 yr old DD is being very hormonal too, and wont DO anything....refused to go to sat school, and now refusing to go out for a walk, its beginning to be sunny.........Im a single mum, and feel at a loss what to do to keep us both happy. And I feel frustrated!! any ideas??

What do you do when she refuses?

I have a 9yr old and he tries to refuse to do things, but I simply give him no option. Or when I'm doing the right thing I remember to give him a number of options "shall we go for a walk along the river or through the common?" so he feels more involved, or I use bribery "let's go for a walk, we can pass the bakery and get something for pudding"

Getting him to tidy his room though... now that is a challenge!

miku Mon 04-Mar-13 11:24:26

Hi Over- well, usually we get through it, but as I said, I was ridiculously hormonal, and felt that I didnt have the energy to go against the flow.....probalbly not great, she had been woken up by neighbours in the middle of the night. I said about school-ok this time, but not again. We had a few separate hours, and then watched a movie together. Next day, back to normal!! I notice its my resolve that decides everything!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now