Taking your kids on a modern day treasure hunt, using the GPS in your phone...thoughts?

(4 Posts)
FlipFantasia Tue 11-Dec-12 18:43:55

Big fans of geocaching here too. They're all over, either close to home or when on a day out, and it's great fun. What I love is that there's nothing to buy. It's free fun (well, as long as you've a smart phone!).

anothercuppaplease Tue 11-Dec-12 16:24:29

We do this all the time with Geocatching. It's great fun, the kids love it. There's no 'treasure' though, usually a strange pebble, a few sticker and a log book.
www.geocaching.com

Cezzy Tue 11-Dec-12 10:08:50

Sounds like fun, worth a go. We did a similar thing at Epcot using special spy phones and the children had to find the answers before getting the next clue. They loved it.

gem1234567 Tue 11-Dec-12 10:06:32

There is a beautiful private gardens in my area who has just introduced a treasure hunt using your smartphone as a GPS devise to work your way around.

I'm contemplating taking my 6 and 7 year old for a nice day out.

What do others think about this as a fun activity for young-ish kids? Good idea? I'm in two minds to be honest.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now