ideas needed for bakes to take camping to feed 16

(12 Posts)
oddslippers Fri 02-Aug-13 21:22:30

That chocolate concrete is ace made a test batch tonight, really easy and I think it will keep well.

luckyclucky Thu 01-Aug-13 21:56:17

I second lemon drizzle & fruit cake.
I did a lovely almond & cherry cake the other week which would keep beautifully- def use tin liners.

How about raisin & oatmeal cookies?

trice Thu 01-Aug-13 21:25:37

Tea loaf, anzac biscuits, seedy cake. Yum.

tin liners are great also round ones for cake tins.

oddslippers Thu 01-Aug-13 20:22:25

Thanks for all the ideas, that's a good tip for the loaf tin liners, I'll do my lemon drizzle and try that. What on earth is chocolate concrete? Love Brownies but think they may not cope with the heat (hopeful)

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 01-Aug-13 19:09:08

I made a Dundee cake last weekend that we're about to take to the cricket tomorrow - I'll let you know how it is!

PandaG Thu 01-Aug-13 19:07:40

any loaf cakes - easy if you buy loaf tin liners then can just wrap in clingfilm in the liner, then in foil - keep very well, and no tupperware to bring home.

Eyesunderarock Thu 01-Aug-13 11:10:30

Avoid chocolatey things as they don't cope well with heat.

Nicer not iced! Nice not ice!

Brownies as they get. Iced the older they are, Parkin is the same.
Lemon drizzle cake keeps well too as it goes. Ice and squidgy.
Shortbread? Chocolate concrete?

oddslippers Thu 01-Aug-13 10:47:52

We're off camping at the weekend for 4 nights and I need to bake some things to keep in a tin for munchies. Requirements are simple to make, travel well, not melt and will keep for a few days. Up to now I've thought of flapjack, any other ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now