Mars Cheesecake Recipe

(12 Posts)
misseskimo Wed 13-Aug-14 23:33:47

Only just seen these messages as been away for a while! Hoping everyone's attempts went well, and didn't ruin too many diets!? ☺
I made a variation on this recently to make an oreo cheesecake... Results were amazing! I'll have to get the alternate recipe up when I get a moment to write the amendments down! X

Jewelledkaleidoscope Sun 29-Sep-13 16:11:32

I'm fasting today. For some reason I decided to torture myself by reading this hmm

Sounds delicious though!

dimsum123 Sun 08-Sep-13 16:57:00

Yummy scrummy! Will try it out very soon!

Thankyou!

mrspremise Sun 08-Sep-13 16:48:47

Stork is NOT butter! Nice looking recipe, though... smile

Facebaffle Mon 02-Sep-13 20:18:21

I've logged on to find ideas for family meals. I'm sooooo glad I strayed into the baking topic grin

misskatamari Mon 02-Sep-13 15:24:36

Ooooooh I will try this! I made one a few years ago using a recipe from Australian woman's weekly and it was a bit of a faff. People at work still rave about it and always ask for me to make it again but I can never face it. Yours sounds much easier and I bet it is so yummy! Thanks smile

Patilla Sun 18-Aug-13 18:09:44

And that would be the sound of my diet breaking!!

This sounds gorgeous, will be making this next weekend thanku opsmile

snozzlemaid Sun 18-Aug-13 13:33:59

Sounds delicious. I will be trying this for sure.
Thank you.

runninggirl85 Sun 18-Aug-13 13:26:11

wow..

this has made me want this cheesecake a lot.

hmm...food shop needed to get ingredients!!

ThirdTimesABrokenFanjo Wed 19-Jun-13 20:48:32

you are a good and kind person

and I love you just a little bit

misseskimo Wed 19-Jun-13 17:35:13

Just thought I'd share my Mars Cheesecake Recipe - It's usually a huge hit when I make it at work! smile

This makes a rather large sized cake, a good 8-10ish decent-sized servings depending on the size of the tin!

Ingredients:

* 17 Oaty biscuits (I used Hobnobs)
* 120g Unsalted Butter, plus an additional 5-10g for greasing the tin (I used Stork)
* 200g Tub of Plain Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I usually use the ?Light? variant, but you can use the full fat for a richer taste if you prefer)
* 185ml Double cream
* 100g Icing Sugar
* 220g Milk Chocolate (I usually use Dairy Milk or decent quality cooking chocolate)
* 400g Dulce de Leche Caramel (I used the 397g tub of Carnation Caramel)

Method:

- Grease a large [approx 9"] round baking tin (I swear by the Tefal springform tins!)
- Crush the Hobnobs in a bowl with the end of a rolling pin until they are of a breadcrumbs consistency
- Melt the butter in the microwave for (approx 30 seconds in a standard 800W microwave), then add the crushed hobnobs to the butter bowl and mix well ? it should have a ?sticky? texture, but not be too crumbly or equally not be too wet
- Put all of the biscuit mixture into your tin, and using the back of a table-spoon, flatten the biscuit down until it is flat and even. then place the mixture into the fridge for about 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, take out the mixture, and put a 1cm layer of the caramel over the base, again using your spoon to flatten it. Place the tin back in the fridge for a further 20-30 minutes
- Place your Philadelphia and Icing Sugar together in a mixing bowl, and mix by hand with a wooden spoon
- Place the Double Cream into a separate mixing bowl, and using an electric whisk, whisk the cream until it peaks. Be very careful not to over do it, or it will start to churn!
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate either in the microwave or on the hob, (approx 30 seconds in the microwave), ensuring to check and stir it so it doesn?t burn
- Using your wooden spoon, stir the melted chocolate into the whipped cream mixture and then add this to Philadelphia and Icing bowl. Whisk until blended and smooth
- Using your spoon, ?gently? place the Philadelphia mix on top of your biscuit/caramel base, and smooth over. To flatten, use the back of your table spoon, and starting from the outside edge, slowly and gently trail the spoon across or in a circle gradually moving to the middle, then you can lift the spoon away leaving a very small peak
- Place the tin back into the fridge, and leave for between 1-2hrs. You?ll know it?s set when the mixture feels firm to the touch, and doesn?t sink (I usually make this the night before)
- Remove your cheesecake accordingly depending on your tin style, and serve immediately.

Finished pictures are available on my blog: wp.me/p3COiP-1G

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now