Chocolate chip cookie recipe. Not chewy!

(3 Posts)
phoenixfox Sat 01-Jun-13 11:48:33

I'll give that a go! Thanks

Have a look at FolkGirl's recipe on www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1700784-Big-and-chunky-Maryland-cookies-are-completely-over-rated. I do the oat & raisin version, using vanilla sugar, which is delicious, but apparently you can substitute chocolate chips for the raisins. They aren't chewy, but not particularly crumbly either.

For a drier recipe try
125g butter
50g vanilla sugar
50g soft brown sugar
1 (large) egg
125g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
125g plain chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugars and egg until fluffy. Mix the baking soda & salt into the flour and incorporate into the butter mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mix onto a baking tray lined with parchment. Bake at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for 8-10 mins (reduce slightly if fan oven). Remove from oven while centres are still slightly soft and leave on the baking tray for a couple of minutes before cooling on a wire rack.

phoenixfox Tue 28-May-13 20:38:37

I'm looking for a chocolate chip cookie that is more biscuity in texture. I don't like the soft and chewy type. I've made 3 batches over the weekend but they are all thin, soft and chewy! I think maybe they have too much sugar in them. I think all the recipes have too much sugar in them. There is almost a translucent quality to them and my teeth hurt from them. So, anyone with a stodgy cookie recipe please?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now