accidentally have spare bowl of rubbed in butter and flour what shall i make with it?

(11 Posts)

I do pinwheels with marmite & cheese, cheese and tomato (like pizzas). and sweet ones with cinnamon and sugar.

MERLYPUSS Tue 07-May-13 10:40:23

Dont you start scones like this?

Fuckwittery Mon 06-May-13 21:40:12

they are delish, was also thinking lunchboxes but not sure there will be any left in the morning!

HoneyDragon Mon 06-May-13 21:37:40

Ooh I'll bookmark those pinwheels. Not short crust but the dcs and I love they keep well too for lunch boxes.

Fuckwittery Mon 06-May-13 21:08:20

brilliants thanks honeydragon.
made some of these inthesky1.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/cheese-and-marmite-pastry-pinwheels.html to satisfy my craving for salty food (going to put it down as a preg craving )
set aside about 2/3 of the pastry to make these savoury tarts tomorrow for tea. can do some with bacon with dh and the kids and mushroom for me. yum.
just waiting for the marmite pinwheels to come out the oven smile

HoneyDragon Mon 06-May-13 20:32:47

One egg, 25g cheese, 5 tbs milk, and either mushroom diced and fried off, chopped tomato, chopped onion, whatever veg you have.

Bacon for non veggies.

Bung in oven for about 15 minutes till set.

I do them the same size as my jam tarts.

Fuckwittery Mon 06-May-13 20:21:06

both of those are good calls. jam tarts get eaten in seconds in this hous, and having some ready crumble topping wld be good. any ideas for savoury veggie quick tarts?

Crumble!!!

Piffpaffpoff Mon 06-May-13 20:15:32

Could you put some sugar in then freeze it as crumble topping?

HoneyDragon Mon 06-May-13 20:14:28

Jam tarts?

Fuckwittery Mon 06-May-13 20:13:19

dh distracted me this morning as was baking dd's cake and before i knew it i'd tipped a load of stork into a bowl of flour, instead of creaming it with sugar.

need something quick to do. i think it was 6oz butter and 6oz flour but some of the butter got lost as i tried to pick it out for use in thr cake. clearly didnt work (too floury).

i made scones last week and not sure i fancy them again. i only really love cheese scones but i've put. too much butter in now to sdd a load of cheese i think. cant think of anything except scones. would pastry need to be a bit more precise with the measurements? also cant be arsed to make a pastry based recipe tonight. do fancy something savoury though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now