Candy Melts

(6 Posts)
Karen03 Thu 03-Jan-13 16:36:48

Thanks for your replies. I'm going to have a play around next week colouring white candy melts & I'll let you know how I get on!

I have seen purple candy melts online but only on American sites but I'll keep on looking!

Tailtwister Thu 03-Jan-13 09:37:38

I've bought purple ones online before. Sometimes the colours are seasonal, so you might find that purple is more a halloween colour, but have a dig around.

I haven't coloured white ones, but I would advise trying a small amount first as sometimes adding things can make them seize.

VikingVagine Wed 02-Jan-13 11:59:19

I can't get candy melts here (France) so have to make do with white cooking chocolate which I coloured with gel colours. Worked really well but you need to find a way of keeping the chocolate warm, I kept adding hot water to a Bain Marie off the hob IYSWIM.

Vajazzler Wed 02-Jan-13 10:17:29

I've coloured the white ones before no problem. Just added the gel a bit at a time and have plenty of toothpicks handy!

Karen03 Wed 02-Jan-13 10:05:35

Bump!

Karen03 Tue 01-Jan-13 15:14:18

Hi, is anyone experienced with candy melts?! I've never used them or made cake pops before but have been asked to make some purple cake pops!

I think making the actual cake balls should be easy enough (I hope) but can't find purple candy melts to cover them in!

Does anyone know where I could buy them? Or has anyone added gel food colour to white candy melts?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks
Karen grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now