Competition Entry

(6 Posts)
sharond101 Sun 30-Dec-12 23:17:15

This tastes yummy and decorated well can look the part too. I did extra icing and iced the middle and sides as well as the top. i decorated with maltesers around the outside and grated white chocolate in the middle.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3019/chocca-mocca-caramel-cake

nannycook Sun 30-Dec-12 20:09:14

I made a fab pavlova the other which had abit of WOW factor. 2 egg whites or 3 whipped up, then add some caster sugar slowly and whisk again, mix the yolks with some cornflour to a paste, put some milk on and bring to boil add dark chocolate and melt with some more caster sugar, add egg mix and stir, leave to cool, whip up some double cream, fold into cooled mixture, fill middle and top of pavlovas, then drizzle melted choc on top.

nannycook Sun 30-Dec-12 20:08:32

I made a fab pavlova the other which had abit of WOW factor. 2 egg whites or 3 whipped up, then add some caster sugar slowly and whisk again, mix the yolks with some cornflour to a paste, put some milk on and bring to boil add dark chocolate and melt with some more caster sugar, add egg mix and stir, leave to cool, whip up some double cream, fold into cooled mixture, fill middle and top of pavlovas, then drizzle melted choc on top.

pinkyredrose Sun 30-Dec-12 19:45:06

A lovely Bakewell tart would go down well I reckon, served with custard and cream!

perplexedpirate Sat 29-Dec-12 22:37:16

*few weeks

perplexedpirate Sat 29-Dec-12 22:36:49

My friend is having a party in a few and as a rather sneaky way of getting guests to provide the food she is incorporating a baking competition.
I'm a pretty good all rounder when it comes to cooking, but don't bake a great deal. Any ideas for a fairly simple showstopper? Sweet or savoury, but does have to be vegetarian.
Thanks in advance.
PP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now