Best decoration for my snowflake biscuits?

(6 Posts)
Tailtwister Wed 05-Dec-12 17:22:25

I would use royal icing and then decorate that with silver balls. Fondant icing is a good alternative if you want to avoid faffing about with piping icing. Just use the same cutter as for your biscuits.

twinklesparkles Wed 05-Dec-12 16:25:01

Icing with silver balls or glitter smile

You could use ready to roll icing and cut out to shape if you fancy something a bit posher than the standard icing sugar and water paste icing smile

CMOTDibbler Wed 05-Dec-12 15:41:26

White chocolate and a spray with the Dr Oetker shimmer spray would look nice, or white glace icing and spray/glitter

littlemefi Wed 05-Dec-12 15:26:39

You could coat in water icing and add sprinkles/ glitter etc, or roll out fondant icing in the same shape as the biscuits and stick on with dab of water

SweetMingePie Tue 04-Dec-12 20:41:37

Witw chocolate melts like or all chocolate.

Could yo maybe cover in icing and coat in edible glitter instead?

hillyhilly Tue 04-Dec-12 12:02:13

I have made a batch of lovely snowflake cookies for the school fair on Friday, they need decoration though.
I'm thinking of desiccated coconut but what's the easiest way to get it to stick?
I have tried icing pens before but they looked a bit crap frankly, or maybe I could dip in white chocolate - does anyone know if it melts like ordinary chocolate?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now