Pint of Guiness cake - advice please

(4 Posts)
MerryChristMoose Thu 15-Nov-12 03:00:07

Guinness strikes me as smooth and silky, so I'd say ganache and meringue. Best of luck! I hope he appreciates it!!

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 15-Nov-12 02:54:10

Slurp. I'm sorry I don't know how to advise you but slurp, it sounds amazing! Slurp. Dark ganache or butter cream sounds fabulous...don't see why not......

Make me one please?!

Slurp.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 15-Nov-12 02:53:38

Slurp. I'm sorry I don't know how to advise you but slurp, it sounds amazing! Slurp. Dark ganache or butter cream sounds fabulous...don't see why not......

Make me one please?!

Slurp.

I want to make a cake shaped like a pint of guiness for dh bday. When I've looked at images online people have all used black fondant icing for the dark bit and white fondant for the froth. Dh hates fondant icing so I had planned to use a dark ganache or dark chocolate buttercream. Will that look crap? Also would appreciate some ideas for the foam. A friend made lemon meringue cupcakes when we visited the other day with Italian meringue on the top. Would that work for foam? Or could I get away with vanilla buttercream piped to look swirly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now