Christmas cake

(8 Posts)
Yawner247 Wed 07-Nov-12 17:11:15

Is it too late to make a Christmas fruit cake or not?!

MrsJamin Wed 07-Nov-12 17:30:47

Of course not!

Yawner247 Wed 07-Nov-12 18:33:44

Excellent news grin thank you

nannycook Wed 07-Nov-12 21:56:50

Yawner, i made one just last week, for Christmas, however it wont see the christmas table, its all gone, how bad am i, could make another one but alas i fear that will have the same fate, tut tut.

Yawner247 Wed 07-Nov-12 22:01:12

Tut tut nanny I hope you are asking Santa for more discipline grin!!! Make another tomorrow!!!

nannycook Wed 07-Nov-12 22:06:25

Nope as your right Yawner i have no discipline, but in my defence i had to cut the fruit cake to give a slice to a woman i'm making a wedding cake for next year, i made her a sample of 6 cupcakes in different flavours and a portion of fruit cake, so if i hadnt of started that cake no doubt i may have had a chance, albeit a slim chance.

Yawner247 Wed 07-Nov-12 22:08:02

Ahhh yes the slippery slope of one slice!!! Been there many times myself smile hehe!! It must have been a very tasty Christmas cake grin

nannycook Wed 07-Nov-12 22:16:56

I'm a weak person when it comes to homemade cakes unfortunately, last night i made a bakewell tart ( took that straight into work today, honest!) then i made a sponge for my sons b'day today, just a plain sponge but it was what went into it that was the problem, nuttella in the middle, and i made chocolate ganache for the top, see, theres no hope for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now