Help me use up ingredients before we move house please!

(7 Posts)

Today's challenge is 150g of ground almonds.

Any ideas?

TIA! smile

frootshoots Wed 07-Nov-12 08:56:41

this raspberry almond cake

If you have no raspberries then just slice it through the middle and smother with jam. Gorgeous warm with a dollop of ice cream wink

Brilliant frootshoots! smile

Might try with blackberries as have some of them I freezer to use up too!

Nigella does a chocllate cake that uses almonds instead of flour - it is scrummy - you need 250g but I am sure could do the maths and just make a smaller one.

nannycook Wed 07-Nov-12 21:52:56

Sleepy, what about the classic Bakewell Tart, that will use up all your almonds for you, i made one to take into work last night, believe me it didnt last long, the recipe i used was for 225grms of almonds and a spoonful of almond essence, gorgeous!

Alas I don't really like almonds. I bought them for nigella's clementine cake which was lovely but I don't have enough almonds for that and no clementines either. smile

Frootshoots - I made it - minus the raspberries. It wasn't great tbh. My oven is usually spot on but the outside had fairly heavy crust by the time the middle was done. And it's a bit dry without the lashings of lemon curd. It was a very dry mix actually. confused

The dc loved it tho. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now