How to freeze a man...

(4 Posts)
lolalotta Tue 06-Nov-12 14:42:42

Option 2!!!! good luck!

Bibblebobbleparsnip Mon 05-Nov-12 23:35:27

Thank you so much London, I'll definitely have a go at that... It was what I had come round to, but good to hear from someone wiser smile

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Mon 05-Nov-12 19:01:04

Option 2 would be the best, I don't know how well gingerbread freezes but biscuit-y things in my experience don't like the freezer. Definitely don't freeze them when iced the icing ill go funny. That is how I do biscuits when I don't have time, make up the dough, roll out and freeze, then bake just before they are needed.

Freeze them on sheets of greeseproof paper and whack them in in shifts on trays from frozen on slightly lower for slightly longer and they will be fine. Ice them on the sheets and transport them like that once the icing is set - they can be stacked easily enough.

Bibblebobbleparsnip Mon 05-Nov-12 16:16:14

... A gingerbread man of course!
I've (stupidly) volunteered to bake something for our school Christmas Fair on 1st Dec, however stupidly busy before then as have birthdays, funerals, an anniversary and conferences prior to it and so thought I'd make them this week and freeze them. So do I...
1) make the dough, then freeze it
2) make the dough, cut out the gingerbread shapes, then freeze them
3) make and bake the gingerbread shapes, then freeze them
4) make, bake and ice them, then freeze them???
Please help, don't have time to try all the options but reckoned between us we might have done! It's taken me long enough to find a recipe that doesn't contain eggs (and found I only needed 2/3rds of the time recommend after burning most of batch number 1 this am...)
Think I'll have gingerbread men haunting my dreams at this rate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now