Dish suitable for baking apple pie in

(9 Posts)
castlelough Tue 06-Nov-12 15:45:43

Thanks for all the advice. I think I might try the le Creuset stoneware as these can be frozen and the frozen pie/crumble/tart popped straight into the oven from (as long as you let dish heat up with oven as oven is heating up). Haven't seen them yet, just online, so might check out in RL before purchasing. Hope they aren't too deep!

PandaNot Tue 30-Oct-12 21:37:08

The Jamie at home Betty range pie dish works very nicely and looks very pretty too!

peachypips Tue 30-Oct-12 21:28:12

An enamel pie tin. Nice and crisp on the bottom, and look pretty and old fashioned!

nannycook Tue 30-Oct-12 21:25:03

The white fluted ceramic ones always look nice.

musicalendorphins Tue 30-Oct-12 06:48:04

I have made pies in rectangular cake pans before. I criss crossed the dough in strips on top. I had so many apples and not enough pans so used cake tins. Some pie pans I bought used from a thrift shop are ceramic with recipes written on them. The ones with handles are good for easy removal from oven.

ObiWan Tue 30-Oct-12 06:45:34

I go for the common rustic approach, and bake the pie on a ceramic dinner plate. I've not lost a plate yet.

If I feel the need for a deeper pie, we use the lid of a pyrex dish.

musicalendorphins Tue 30-Oct-12 06:44:10

I added "Deep" to the search and got a few more choices.
Deep Dish Pie Pan

musicalendorphins Tue 30-Oct-12 06:42:21

I have a lot of different ones. Pyrex, ceramic and metal. I rarely use the metal ones, they all work the same though.
I prefer the ones called "deep dish" as I use them to make meat pies as well as desert pies, and deeper pies are better in my opinion. (more pie!)
I am not familiar with UK shops, but amazon has some you can order on line. Pie Pans

castlelough Tue 30-Oct-12 02:32:49

Could anyone recommend please?

I'd like to try baking apple pie.
All I have in the line of baking dishes is a 1lb loaf tin and a muffin tin.
I wouldn't mind buying a pretty one, the kind you bring from oven to serving at table...
And preferably one I can buy online ....

Any ideas?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now