wilfred

(14 Posts)
ovenbun Fri 11-Oct-13 10:10:17

Is it really awful? I thought with all the grandad chic names it fits but is a little different, plus really love the nn "wilf"

hatebeak Fri 11-Oct-13 10:14:00

I like it. Wilf is a good nickname. Suspect it might be on the rise, if that kind of thing matters to you. I've heard of two little ones recently.

Coupon Fri 11-Oct-13 10:41:39

It's fine, although I prefer Freddie to Wilf.

Listmaker Fri 11-Oct-13 11:14:38

I think it's fab. My cat is called Wilf!

ovenbun Fri 11-Oct-13 14:12:29

smile thanks all..I'm not worried about it getting pouplar, as long as thres not ten in their class smile

Pancakeflipper Fri 11-Oct-13 14:14:38

I liked it until I heard the little friends of Wilfred shouting for him across the playground " Willie, come here Willie."

Made me smile though because I am immature.

hatebeak Fri 11-Oct-13 14:56:29

Yes, I can't imagine it's going to be a ten-in-a-class sort of name!

squoosh Fri 11-Oct-13 15:18:03

I have to say the popularity of this name baffles me somewhat. It just sounds so weedy and feeble.

ovenbun Mon 14-Oct-13 08:56:22

haha willie...that would make me giggle too....I hope his friends will choose a better nn...but boys will be boys!
It is a weedy name as names go...but i sort of think it has a nice bookish/old fashionned feel to it....im not imagining it on a johnny bravo type..although i do know quite a large and hunky 'Will'....there are lots of nn options if me and dh end up producing a super macho man smile

Ihatepeas Mon 14-Oct-13 10:44:49

I love it. It was on my short list for dc1 (who turned out to be a dd.) I know a little Wilfred nn Wilf. He is 4, totally gorgeous and very cool!

sonniebonnie Mon 14-Oct-13 13:55:07

I dislike Wilfred, sorry. Nor do I like Wil, Willie, Wilf or Fred.

ovenbun Mon 14-Oct-13 14:28:17

I would not like them
here or there.
I would not like them
anywhere.
I do not like
green eggs and ham.
I do not like them,
Sam-I-am

smile

Mim78 Mon 14-Oct-13 14:35:39

I don't like it personally but a matter of taste I suppose.

I like Fred as a nn (or full name for that matter).

Mim78 Mon 14-Oct-13 14:36:47

PS - I think it is quite popular now so there might well be others in the class. May not matter to you, but I don't think it's a name to pick if uniqueness matters to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now