What do you think of Elliot?

(61 Posts)

I like this name and am considering naming ds3, due Jan, Elliot. When I have mentioned this to some family members they pull a face while saying 'oh really? Er, that's nice'. What are they thinking that they haven't got the balls to say to a hormonal pregnant woman? Am I missing something?

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 02-Oct-13 18:46:25

I always think Elliot is a first name, Elliott is a surname and Eliot is plain wrong. But that's just me.

Raahh Wed 02-Oct-13 20:29:46

Alis- that's my theory exactly!

CaptainCupcake Wed 02-Oct-13 20:34:15

My eldest has Elliot as a middle name. I love it!

EugenesAxe Wed 02-Oct-13 20:36:11

Watch the film 'The Sure Thing'. Personally, I'm a bit on the fence about it, although a good friend's son is Elliot and he's lovely, which helps.

Hah! squoosh beat me to it!

Norfolknway Wed 02-Oct-13 20:36:33

I love it.
I think it's a strong name. Unfortunately, DP doesn't like it sad back to the drawing board!

wafflingworrier Wed 02-Oct-13 20:53:18

I don't really like it, its a surname to me
but if you like it, ignore me!

CordeliaRose Wed 02-Oct-13 21:12:59

Elliot - I think it's fabulous!

sonniboo Thu 03-Oct-13 06:53:11

Nice name but the short forms El or Ellie sound a little feminine imo.

HollyBen Thu 03-Oct-13 07:13:13

I know 2 Elliot's. When I first heard it I was a bit unsure, but it has really grown on me. I think it's one of those names that you rarely hear outside of baby and toddler groups which makes people a bit [hmmm]. I do think it has become more popular of late if that concerns you

bananamummy Thu 03-Oct-13 13:00:34

We know one who goes by El, which sounds like Elle so quite feminine.

Rotterwallah Thu 03-Oct-13 13:07:14

i'm not keen on surnames as names. i also have a suspicion it might become the Brett of this generation, i know a few.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now