Any help appreciated!!

(33 Posts)
Razzdazz Wed 07-Aug-13 10:03:21

All through my pregnancy (now 31w) our baby girl was going to be called Flora. Now I have been given a section date for 36w and am just not sure any more!!
Would love some feedback on the following names:
Flora
Martha
Petra
Anya
Middle name to be Mary.

If it helps at all my other children are called:
James
Erica
Samuel

Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply grin

BlueStarsAtNight Thu 08-Aug-13 11:55:51

Sounds like you are pleased that Flora is proving popular, and would be disappointed if it wasn't, so I'd say you've made your choice already! I really like Martha too but Flora is also lovely.

RobinV Thu 08-Aug-13 12:09:40

Flora is very pretty though it does make me think a bit of margarine... have you considered Petrina - the diminutive of Petra? x

Ihatepeas Thu 08-Aug-13 21:29:22

Love love love Petra, Anya and Flora. Really dislike Martha (sorry)
I think if you've had you're heart set on Flora then she should be Flora. It's a beautiful name and goes well with your other children's names.

Well, against the majority I vote for Petra, it is a strong name like Erica. Flora a close second because of the flower connection and....I like it better. A bit irrational maybe but it is just happier sounding than the other two.

exoticfruits Thu 08-Aug-13 22:29:51

I like Martha best- all OK except Petra but I don't think that any go with Mary- you need a longer name if you are going to use it.

I like Martha best, but not with Mary.
Don't like Petra.
Anya is nice and perhaps 'works' better with Mary than Martha does.

kiwik Fri 09-Aug-13 02:02:45

I love Flora and Petra, not fussed on either Anya or Martha.
I also love the name Mary, which is very underused.

Razzdazz Fri 09-Aug-13 07:20:54

Thanks everyone, Mary is my mums name but everyone calls her may and originally that was the choice of second name. Then in my hormonal madness I realised that all my other children had a saints name either as first or middle and dc4 would be the only one without!! Should I go back to may??
I am leaning more towards Flora I must admit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now