Penelope Cruz called her daughter.....

(33 Posts)
FingersCrossedLegsNot Fri 02-Aug-13 17:43:27

Luna

I like it!

I like it too. It's one of those names I like but would never be brave enough to use

I bet it sounds great in her accent. Love it.

Love it! And know exactly how she will say it as my spanish friend has a dog called Luna grin.

Bowlersarm Fri 02-Aug-13 20:17:57

I like it. Suggested a lot on here these days.

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 02-Aug-13 21:05:51

I found the middle name interesting because until reading about it I didn't know that in Spain children take their mothers surname not their fathers.

(The middle name is Javier Bardem's paternal surname)

DameEdnasBridesmaid Fri 02-Aug-13 21:28:08

Isn't Frank Lampards daughter called Luna? I remember reading that Vic Beckham wanted that for a daughter but couldn't after they used it. ( must be true wink

DameEdnasBridesmaid Fri 02-Aug-13 21:29:29

His ex is Spanish

No Alis, they take both surnames... First surname is the father's first surname, Second surname is the mother's first surname... Easy!

Bowlersarm Fri 02-Aug-13 21:37:56

Frank lampard has a Luna - born in 2005?

Eg Carlos González Ruiz and Itzel Martínez Cervantes have a baby called Gabriel, his full name would be Gabriel González Martínez...

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 02-Aug-13 21:40:20

suzy

Oh I see! smile

I have been misinformed by an Internet article. That'll explain why I'd never heard about it before - because the article was inaccurate!

mystaplerisevil Fri 02-Aug-13 21:41:39

like doing a moonie

squoosh Fri 02-Aug-13 21:46:53

I don't like Luna although it seems quite trendy these days. I feel it should be followed by an exclamation mark, Luna!.

Sorry to rant, its something I've explained a lot (like the pronunciation of Paella!), all part and parcel of the Spanish degree... and me being a massive pedant!

I think Luna is a very nice name and Cruz (as in Beckham) is a girl's name

SunnyIntervals Fri 02-Aug-13 21:47:57

My friend has a Luna born 2003 smile

Thurlow Fri 02-Aug-13 21:50:27

So does that make her Luna Bardem Cruz? <confusing myself trying to work this out>

Superene Fri 02-Aug-13 22:05:29

Luna? Is it short for lunatic?
Terrible

I like Luna

But Luna Cruz sounds like a moonlight boat trip...

Thurlow Fri 02-Aug-13 22:07:48

Luna Cruz! Ha! I hadn't thought of it that way. That's absolutely hilarious.

Yes Luna Bardem Cruz... And if she only uses one surname, it'll be Bardem... Luna Cruz is funny though

Luna means Moon Superene

Dani Filth's (from Cradle of Filth) daughter is called Luna...

RemoteControlledChaos Fri 02-Aug-13 22:12:11

I want Luna for dd (due Nov) but dh has vetoed it ("like the moon and stuff?! No way"). Hmph.

RemoteControlledChaos Fri 02-Aug-13 22:13:01

I want Luna for dd (due Nov) but dh has vetoed it ("like the moon and stuff?! No way"). Hmph.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now