What are the Sloane Rangers calling their kids these days??

(43 Posts)
vinobaroness Mon 01-Jul-13 21:46:02

Just out of pure nosiness Im wondering what the Sloane set are calling their kids these days? Do Violet, Arabella, Victoria, Henry,Oscar etc still reign supreme?

im now hooked on the telegraph announcements! how many freddies?????

DoItTooJulia Wed 10-Jul-13 19:55:08

Love, love, love Xanthippe!

HarumScarum Wed 10-Jul-13 19:10:31

Or maybe Rose.

HarumScarum Wed 10-Jul-13 19:10:24

The new Sharon is probably Ruby, tbh. The new Louise is Lily.

BettyBi0 Wed 10-Jul-13 18:51:58

I just watched the Katie Hopkins clip - She is vile! I thought Holly Whatsherchops looked ready to lamp her.

I'm gutted if Isobel is the new Sharon as I love that name. Not sure about the new spelling though. I've met a couple of really posh Sharons in their 50s so its all swings and round abouts.

squoosh Wed 10-Jul-13 16:50:40

VJsmom she sounds like she's just a bit too keen to make sure everyone knows she's posh. She must have a relative who was in trade that she's desperately afraid of people finding out about.

ExcuseTypos Wed 10-Jul-13 16:39:02

I know a very posh person whose Dd is called Calypsohmm

The poshest people I know, have DSs Sam and Ben.

VJsmom Wed 10-Jul-13 16:38:17

I know one sloane who actually called her baby girl sloane! wtf!!!

Mouseymouseface Wed 10-Jul-13 16:35:58

Surely Katie Hopkins not letting her kids play with yours is something to aim for

maja00 Wed 10-Jul-13 15:20:13

Montgomery/Monty is going the way of Archie though and becoming terribly common...

Lucinda, Camilla, Beatrice, Frederick, George.

Choccyhobnob Wed 10-Jul-13 15:10:08

Brilliant, there is a Theobald, Montgomery, a Tarquin and a Cosima.....

squoosh Sun 07-Jul-13 11:23:31

Hello Hedeghogger aka Xanthippe's Mum! grin

Did your radar beep when I posted? I wasn't making fun of your daughter's name (well maybe a teeeeny bit), it's just the trio of Xanthippe Phyllis Elizabeth is certainly eye catching. Is Xanthippe pronounced Zan-tippy? It does have a very pretty sound.

Greythorne Sun 07-Jul-13 09:08:38

Isabel is very popular but does not have the downmarket connotations Sharon came to have.

AuntieStella Sun 07-Jul-13 09:05:14

Isabel isn't the new Sharon. Possibly because it is a Sloaney name? It's a centuries old, traditional Royal, pan-European name. A couple of years popularity isn't going to dent that.

It's names which are novel or reciving from disuse that risk becoming the generation markers. Kylie and Courtney perhaps?

RustyBear Sun 07-Jul-13 08:57:56

I really shouldn't have looked at that page without my glasses - was wondering why people were holding a large baked potato in some of the pictures....

Twins Tarquin and Cosima really live up to the stereotype, don't they?

MildredH Sun 07-Jul-13 08:48:50

Oh blush Monty is on our short list!

What does that say about me?

I'd like to say, it was picked up on meeting a delightful 92 year old patient during a weekend on call a month back not by scouring broadsheet birth announcements..!

I love Xanthippe grin

invicta Sun 07-Jul-13 08:39:03

Just looked at the list - love Montgomery as a name

MortifiedAdams Sun 07-Jul-13 08:36:22

Jonty and Bathsheba.

Luluhearn Sun 07-Jul-13 08:31:39

Ambersocks, could I pick your brains, as I'm a bit new to this? Why is Isabel the new Sharon...? Thank you!

curlew Sat 06-Jul-13 15:48:54

The same names they have called their children for 500 years.

Hedgehogger Sat 06-Jul-13 15:46:44

squoosh I am Xanthippe's Mummy. It was a brave decision but I didn't want her to be one of 6 kids in her class with the same name. I do get that look sometimes, "You called your daughter what??? shock". We call her Pippa for short. And we're not sloanes. We're probably those frightful middle class types wink.

farmersdaughter Fri 05-Jul-13 13:41:32

rabbit - it was an example, but yes I do know one family who's grandfather sits in the HOL. In all honesty they quite boring, very nice family but boring wink

My childrens grandfather is a famer grin

squoosh Fri 05-Jul-13 10:28:51

How is Ximena pronounced?

Shimena, Himena, Zimena?

I'm clearly too common to know grin

squoosh Fri 05-Jul-13 10:27:34

Katie Hopkins is a colossal twat. Not letting her children play with kids named after places even though her child is named after a ummmm, place.

She's really offering her kids up for total isolation from their peers by making these ridiulous statements, hope the £1000 appearance fee makes it all worthwhile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now