Due in 5 days, help name our baby girl!

(42 Posts)
cookiewuk Thu 16-May-13 21:20:10

Dp and I can not agree on names at all and its really starting to stress us out as she's due on Tuesday and we can't just call her baby!
He wants Olivia Grace
I want Jessica Jade nn JJ
Ds has come up with helpful suggestions like Parsnip and Blossom, both of which appeal to me more than Olivia!
Anyone got any suggestion we both might like?
Thank you!!

Decoy Thu 16-May-13 21:32:47

How about one of you chooses the first name, the other the middle name? Olivia Jade or Jessica Grace?

invicta Thu 16-May-13 21:37:13

Helena
Rosie
Lily
Sylvia
Jasmine

Coffee1Sugar Thu 16-May-13 21:47:04

Jessica grace smile

cookiewuk Thu 16-May-13 21:51:20

Thank you for your suggestions, I will try them out on dp when he gets in from work. Anyone think Olivia and Jessica are both too popular?

sleepingbeautiful Thu 16-May-13 22:14:21

I know Olivia has been popular for the last 10 years or so, don't know about Jessica. I think Jasmine Grace sounds nice from the other suggestions - then you could call her Jazzy?
Also:
Ava
Lucy
Julia

DizzyPurple Thu 16-May-13 22:16:39

Olivia is really popular but I hardly know any Jessica's. not sure about JJ though..

yomellamoHelly Thu 16-May-13 22:21:03

Olive rather than Olivia?

JojoMags Thu 16-May-13 22:30:29

Compromise on Jessica Grace. Jessica is nice - popular around here, but more for 5+ than babies. And you can shorten is to Jess or Jessie which are both lovely. Jade is awful, sorry. And don't like Olivia, but apparently am in the minority as its really popular!

You could always pull the low blow of 'I've just given birth to her. I get the casting vote'. No man would argue, but might cause lasting resentment grin.

miffybun73 Thu 16-May-13 22:38:25

Oh, I love Olivia Grace, not keen at all on Jessica I'm afraid.

I don't think that there's such a thing as too popular. Names are usually popular because they're lovely so people choose them a lot smile

My DCs have very popular and lovely (IMO) names, Emily Jane and Daniel James smile

whyno Fri 17-May-13 09:00:03

Livia?

cookiewuk Fri 17-May-13 09:39:06

I really like Jessica Grace and your dd's name miffy, Emily Jane.
I am still unable to convince dp of anything other than Olivia though. sad
Anyone find a name just seemed right when they saw their child?

Thisisanoutrage Fri 17-May-13 11:19:27

Lydia Jade
Jemima Grace

everlong Fri 17-May-13 11:55:08

Florence
Esme
Harriet
Juliet
Madeleine
Thea
Isabella

Olivia is ok but imo there's far nicer.

abasicname Fri 17-May-13 13:25:32

I don't like Olivia (very overused) or Jessica (rabbit). They both strike me as quite boring names tbh.

Marielle/a
Thea
Vivienne
Gabrielle/a

Decoy Fri 17-May-13 14:05:23

So is your DP actually open to any suggestions apart from Olivia? If not then I guess none of the ideas on this thread will be acceptable.

cookiewuk Fri 17-May-13 16:07:06

He reckons he is but never any I like! He's actually got Harper Leigh in his head atm but although it is less popular and less boring than some other names I can't help thinking its not girly enough and ppl will presume we have just copied the Beckhams.

abasicname Fri 17-May-13 16:55:36

Harper Leigh is really nice. Harper makes me think more of Neil Patrick Harris than the Beckhams.

wiltingfast Fri 17-May-13 18:08:09

Olivia is a lovely name. None around here.

Quite like jessica too but hate the jade and jj!

Unfortunately olivia jessica is a bit of a mouthful.

Jessica grace?

Harper is v beckham.

Maybe he might like other unisex names? I've seen taylor and scout suggested for girls. Or maybe something like rowan?

petitdonkey Fri 17-May-13 18:17:00

Olivia and Jessica are both beautiful names but I think you both have to try and find something you love. I have a good friend who agreed to her DH's choice without loving the name and it still makes her a bit sad. There are so many beautiful girls names out there.

I suggest that you both write a list of a minimum of five names - excluding the ones you have mentioned here and try and start again.

Rosanna
Susanna
Lydia
Camilla
Jemima
Cicily
Megan
Vivien
Penelope
Jasmine
Yasmin

I could go on naming girls all day!!

(by the way, my niece is Jade Josephine and throughout pregnancy it was planned that she would be JJ - she is 15 now and I have never heard her called that!!)

forgetmenots Fri 17-May-13 18:29:06

I wish I had the guts and the surname to use a name like Harper smile

Harper Leigh is silly because of the writer. Don't like Jade at all, and really don't like JJ.

Jessica Grace is nice.

sleepingbeautiful Sat 18-May-13 15:57:44

Agree with Remus on Harper Leigh being too like Harper Lee.
I think it's ok to use Harper. The Beckhams don't own it.
Harper Grace?

aftermay Sat 18-May-13 17:30:07

No, not JJ.

Layl77 Sat 18-May-13 17:43:21

All fine except JJ! Noooo...
Wait until you see her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now