Know any little'uns called Hayden?

(37 Posts)
RunningBear78 Tue 14-May-13 16:25:47

I think dh is set on calling our first ds Hayden. I quite like it, but part of me is a bit nervous, I don't quite know why, I think sme of the family will think we are nuts. My main problem is I haven't found another boy's name I like.

I don't know that many little boys, but those I know are of the Alfie, Arthur, Harry, Wilfred, Sam, George variety, although none of them live locally.

I wondered how common Hayden is these days?

SavoyCabbage Wed 15-May-13 10:56:05

I know three ( the oldest is 8) and I definitely put it with Jayden/Kayden/Braydon. I know that it isn't as it's not one of those made up sort of names.

Startail Wed 15-May-13 11:02:11

Gosh I haven't heard Hayden since I was a child and I'm very old.
The one I'm thinking of must be almost 50 as he was a year or to older than me.

I certainly wouldn't think of it as like Kayden (in fact I assumed it was Welsh as the above Hayden had a very local surname)

jellybeans Wed 15-May-13 13:20:32

I like it and don't know any. Think it is not very common.

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 15-May-13 19:14:48

I agree Hayden is a boy's name. At least when I grow up it is fairly common in NZ. The only female I know of that name is that Hayden something from Heroes. It could be that it is a girl's name in the US? I don't think anyone here will think it is not for boy given the number of Jayden's and Kaydens around.

Don't worry about a name being for the opposite sex in some other country. You really can't avoid all combinations of this! DH has a very very common boys name in the UK in the 70s. It is not even a unisex name here. It still isn't. But it's a girls name in NZ, where his parent migrated to. He is often mistaken as a female on the phone etc. but how would his parents know?

My cousin's little boy is a Hayden. She lives in America though.

EleanorFarjeon Wed 15-May-13 19:18:51

I know an adult Haydn.

I like it, but it's a bit close sounding to the terrible Jayden/Kaiden.

I know two Haydn's, one my nephew 8y/o, the other our electrician about 55 y/o

insanityscratching Wed 15-May-13 19:46:03

Our neighbour's son is Hayden, he's 16 now and a little devil and probably the reason I don't like the name, sorry.

ShatnersBassoon Wed 15-May-13 19:49:38

No, it's not a regional pronunciation, his mother tells everyone the H is silent. I don't know why they didn't call him Aidan to avoid the inevitable confusion.

balia Wed 15-May-13 20:08:06

Mmm, not sure. I know a teenage Haydyn (nice lad, sister Hannah)but prefer Aiden - Haydn/Hayden/Haydyn is definitely in the dreaded Kayden/Jayden/Brayden/Cayden group for me.

evamummy Thu 16-May-13 10:51:51

I don't know any Haydens so don't think it is widely used as the super trendy names like Jack, Oliver or Alfie for boys.

photographerlady Thu 16-May-13 11:13:37

Hayden, Jayden, Kayden... very popular now when they are in school I am sure there will be bucket loads of -aydens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now