Lottie???

(20 Posts)
OutragedFromLeeds Mon 13-May-13 01:24:48

I think it's awful, I don't know why though, just have an irrational hatred for it!

I don't mind Charlotte.

Decoy Mon 13-May-13 01:14:57

Or there's Axolotl...

Nope, has to be Charlotte (or Carlotta).

runningforme Mon 13-May-13 00:14:09

I like it, but it does sound like it needs a 'grown up' version for when she's older.....

MavisSnapdragon Mon 13-May-13 00:09:03

Oh and yes, Charlotte is a bit meh, but Chas is pretty cool!

MavisSnapdragon Mon 13-May-13 00:07:22

I'm a Charlotte, known as Charlie. I have always HATED Lottie. It always sounded like a really babyish name to me and went too well with all things pink, fluffy and sparkly - I am none of these things! My niece is a Lottie, poor kid, and I twitch everytime I hear it! Passable on a three year old, but not on a grown woman, IMO. Sorry. Your DD may love it, but if she doesn't, you're not giving her many options if you put Lottie on the BC. And you'd better keep her away from the Famous Five books - I clearly identified far too much with George!

SanityClause Sun 12-May-13 22:49:18

I know a Charlotte who is always called Lottie. It's her "preferred name" at school, and I don't even think many of her friends know that she's actually Charlotte.

Decoy Sun 12-May-13 22:46:49

There's always Lieselotte...!

Leeds2 Sun 12-May-13 21:41:27

I like Lottie very much, but if it was my DD she would be Charlotte with Lottie as a nn.

whyno Sun 12-May-13 19:58:42

Lotta with Lottie for short?

Bunbaker Sun 12-May-13 19:55:20

My dad was Charles and his nickname was Chas.

Omg Chas!!!! For a girl? How awful!

grabaspoon Sun 12-May-13 18:02:17

My sister is Charlotte - and it's now that shes at uni that shes become Lottie.

Bunbaker Sun 12-May-13 18:00:59

I like Lottie, but be prepared for people to assume it is short for Charlotte. DD has a friend called Charlotte but she gets called Chas.

Just shown DH this thread and he said Charlotte is a bit meh! So I think if go with it would just have to be Lottie.

Louster6 Sun 12-May-13 16:46:34

I love Lottie - its the name of one of my feline babies :D On a person though, I do prefer Charlotte with the nickname Lottie...

Decoy Sun 12-May-13 16:41:48

I'd use Charlotte with Lottie for short. If she's always known as Lottie then I don't see why anyone would start using Charlie.

Mmmm would be worried people would call her Carly or Carla.

Goodo though one person thumbs up!

Tommychoochoo Sun 12-May-13 12:41:35

I love the name Lottie, my friends daughter is Lottie and people do assume its short for Charlotte but its just Lottie. Gorgeous name x

xyla Sun 12-May-13 12:41:02

How about Carlotta w/Lottie nn?

What do you think?

I don't like Charlotte purely because i detest the shortening if it to Charlie for a little girl.

So would just like opinions please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now