Elijah Matthias

(16 Posts)
Tallyra Sat 27-Apr-13 22:58:08

I think they are gorgeous room :-)

LittleMissLucy Tue 23-Apr-13 00:38:12

They are separately lovely names. Together they are a bit of a tongue-twister.

MummyBurrows Mon 22-Apr-13 16:16:47

Elijah Matthias it is then! Great choice IMO! [Grin] xx

Matthew isn't an option anyway as it's already in use in our household grin

Gunznroses Mon 22-Apr-13 15:40:21

Elijah Matthias - I think this is the best combination of names i've heard on MN, absolutely love it smile

MummyBurrows Mon 22-Apr-13 15:36:30

I actually prefer Matthias over Matthew but both would sound good. Good luck and all the best,here's hoping he comes later rather than sooner!xx

fussychica Mon 22-Apr-13 14:48:15

Lovely but prefer Matthew to Matthias. Biblical names are great - DS has one. Good luck.

MolotovCocktail Mon 22-Apr-13 11:26:09

Matthew is a lovely Biblical name, IMHO, as is Elijah. To be completely honest, Matthias isn't my cup of tea, especially when coupled with Elijah for the outlined reasons, but if you like it OP and it has significance to you, then have it! There's nothing 'wrong' with the name.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy smile

Thanks for suggestions and honesty. Givemeaclue it is intentional that they are both biblical names and we have picked names that not only have a meaning that we like but the Biblical stories have great meaning for us as well. That doesn't mean that we can't be budged from them though! We need to pick a strong name as well because I've been in hospital for the last 11 days with threatened pre-term labour and I'm only 28+4 today.

MolotovCocktail Mon 22-Apr-13 10:00:04

^ ^ Agree, sorry. Prefer Elijah Matthew smile

givemeaclue Mon 22-Apr-13 09:35:18

Sounds a bit "Mormon" as in two very biblical names.

thermalsinapril Mon 22-Apr-13 09:30:20

Yes, Elijah Matthew is nice, or how about Eli Matthias?

BlueStarsAtNight Mon 22-Apr-13 04:19:20

I agree with thermalsinapril, the sounds are a bit too similar for me.I like the sound of Elijah Matthew though!

thermalsinapril Sun 21-Apr-13 21:50:47

Both fantastic names smile

Only reservation would be the similarity. Both names are 3 syllables and the vowels sound as eh-EYE-uh or ah-EYE-uh. Both have the "i" sound on the accented middle syllable.

Love it, but love it even more the other way around. smile

Go on, be honest! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now