Scottish boys name

(16 Posts)
ThreeMenFromCarntyne Sat 23-Mar-13 20:40:56

There are just so many lovely boys' names.

chesticles Sat 23-Mar-13 20:34:44

Reads like a list of the boys in ds's class! In his nursery there is

Angus
Fraser
James
Cameron
Douglas
Murray
Oliver

I was just saying to dh the other day that Oliver stood out for being the only non Scottish one

forgetmenots Sat 23-Mar-13 17:51:48

Forgot Gregor smile

forgetmenots Sat 23-Mar-13 17:50:07

I'm with mybootsaremuddy. I like Angus (if dc1 is a boy he will have this name!), Hamish (vetoed by my DH!) and Innes (but would only have this or Angus in the same family as they are like John/Jack - essentially the same name).

Not keen on Duncan, and I like Findlay but its very common in all its variations. Think I prefer the Gaelic Domhnall to Donald but that's just personal preference. Like Euan as mentioned.

A few more (not sure whereabouts you are!) -

Lachlan
Fergus
Magnus
Alasdair
Struan
Ruairidh
Campbell
Cameron

WafflyVersatile Sat 23-Mar-13 11:35:52

I knew an angus and donald and douglas. Not keen on any of them. (names, that is, the boys were ok) Maybe they seem more exotic in england....

MrsMaryCooper Sat 23-Mar-13 10:26:10

Douglas

Malcolm

Sholto

Fraser

Iain

Murdo

Stuart

gertrudestein Sat 23-Mar-13 10:20:59

I agree, they're all lovely. I wonder which one your DS has!! From that list, I would pick Duncan.

EggsPressYourself Sat 23-Mar-13 10:13:56

I like Angus and Innes. Agree Euan is a great name. Also like Douglas.

I like Angus, Hamish and Innes from your list (I have Dnephew Hamish).

My favourite Scottish name is Alastair/Alasdair.

There is a Ruaridh in DS2 class which I also think is lovely.

ThreeMenFromCarntyne Sat 23-Mar-13 09:53:09

Intersting ideas. As I said in my OP, I am not pregnant, and my DS has one of these names. Not sure I would pick it again, but I would stick with a Scottish theme, I love the sound of them.

dontmixthecolours Sat 23-Mar-13 09:40:30

What about ruaridh and struan?

Ridersofthestorm Sat 23-Mar-13 09:35:53

Ewan I love this name which is why I chose it for my little boy, but mine is spelt with a u rather than a w.

mrsbungle Sat 23-Mar-13 09:22:28

I really like Angus and Innes (I nearly called DS Innes). Not keen on the others - especially not Donald and Duncan.

tacal Sat 23-Mar-13 09:20:06

I really like Angus and Innes. Have you been thinking about Scottish girls names too?

jelepomme Sat 23-Mar-13 09:14:45

I love gus but not angus. Fin is quite popular, I'm not that keen personally. Donnie/don is really nice and will grow with a child. The others are ok. Just think of shortened versions, as even if you don't call your child the shortened version, others will.

ThreeMenFromCarntyne Sat 23-Mar-13 08:35:15

Not pregnant, but am pondering names.

What do you think of:

Angus

Findlay

Donald

Duncan

Hamish

Innes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now