Any thoughts on Anaïs?

(57 Posts)
EmeraldCoast Tue 19-Mar-13 14:49:53

I?m looking for a strong but feminine name that isn?t Amelia (love it but know three Amelias). What do you think about Anaïs?

ladymia Tue 19-Mar-13 20:55:34

OneLittleToddleTerror I am just going to assume you are the mother of either an Alfie or an Amelia and that you saw my comment as a personal attack. Your arguments have nothing to do with the OP's question.

I was merely pointing out that Amelia (TO ME) is not a strong name as per the original post and compared it to a name that is similar (TO ME) and that I quite like Anaïs.

Although, now people keep saying it's like Anus I have changed my mind anyways! grin

birdofthenorth Tue 19-Mar-13 22:04:10

How about Anoushka?

serin Tue 19-Mar-13 22:31:51

Angharad
Annie
Anna
Anne
Ann-Marie
Anna-Mae
Angela

All what I would call 'strong'

BeeBopDingALing Wed 20-Mar-13 00:04:16

I think OneLittleToddleTerror must have an Amelia.

What about Arianne?

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 20-Mar-13 06:00:15

DD has a chinese name so it's foreign but hopefully not unpronounceable.

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 20-Mar-13 09:13:44

By the way, bring it back to the original Anais. If I was told once it's an-nay-eese or an-nay, I would remember it. So I'd say go for it if you like it. I work in an office with lots of foreigners and some of their names are absolute tongue twisters!

Llareggub Wed 20-Mar-13 09:17:05

I am with those that forever associate it with erotica, and will imagine you are a fan of Anais Nin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now