Eden or Edith (nn Edie either way)? Polling station here!

(57 Posts)
Umlauf Tue 26-Feb-13 16:02:19

Dd will be known as Edie most of the time but we don't want a nn on the bc. DH loves Edie but not so keen on Edith, whereas I love it, but I quite like Eden as an alternative. He likes it more!

Which would you vote for?!

Jessepinkman Thu 28-Feb-13 21:02:11

The Edie in our family is the driving force. We all aspire to be her. She is intellectual, intelligent, seriously funny and can hold her own. I honestly believe that if she met the queen the queen would be eating out of her hand.

She is an Edith. I only know her as Edie so I love the name in its own right. As for the pm test Maggie can be pm, why not Edie?

Umlauf Thu 28-Feb-13 22:28:39

Love the very responses to our choice of name here, I was waiting for a flaming (although did really want honest opinions!) and so very chuffed about the positive responses!

I can't remember who said Meredith - its lovely but I was in Perugia with Meredith Kercher on my yr abroad and so that ones a little too close for me...

jesse I don't know.. Maggie was Margaret though wasn't she? I like the option of a more formal name which she can use if she wanted to. Although we'd just call her Edie, in the same way Kate Middleton is only Catherine is royal circles not that I have princess aspirations for my daughter!

Thinking Edie Louise to name her after family...

Clary Thu 28-Feb-13 22:48:29

Eden is a boys' name.

Edith is a lovely name grin and pretty unusual still (round here anyway - I know a grand total of one under 16 and I know a lot of kids) whatever you may read on MN.

DewDr0p Thu 28-Feb-13 22:52:04

Definitely Edith.

proudbi Mon 04-Mar-13 00:10:55

Edith

beckie90 Mon 04-Mar-13 10:25:20

I prefer Eden it was in my girls list names, mainly because I think its pretty but unusual. I'm not keen on edith to be honest but that's just my taste.

eachtigertires Mon 04-Mar-13 16:31:10

Eden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now