Please rate these girls names.....

(30 Posts)
Queenie68 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:00:13

So we have 99% decided on a boys name but would like to have a girls name ready.... Just in case ( we don't know the gender )
Opinions please....

Kitty Willow
Kitty Bluebell
Kitty Tallulah
Bella Willow
Tallulah Nell

Or any other suggestions in a similar vein....smile

Stixswhichtwizzle Wed 30-Jan-13 23:35:26

I prefer Kitty Willow and Tallulah Nell
Bella Willow is my least fav.

Obviously that's not a justification for calling your child Slithery Margaret-Thatcher Smith, but there's a limit to how much one can "bully-proof" a name.

DH has a totally normal but fairly uncommon name ... but when he was a teenager there was a popular tv programme that used that name for its gay character. Oh how he suffered.

Queenie68 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:37:19

HW - I agree. Sadly if someone wants to bully you they will find a way whether it be your name ,face ,ears or size. sad

Stupid infantile males - and females for that matter - can conjure cruelty out of just about any name though. And if it isn't your name it's your face, or your clothes on own clothes day, or your dad's car, or your school bag...

Rhubarbgarden Wed 30-Jan-13 22:15:31

Kitty Bluebell is fabulous.

Queenie68 Wed 30-Jan-13 21:51:35

Spudmurphy - can u confirm that your name is Kitty? Is this the name on your birth certificate?

spudmurphy Wed 30-Jan-13 21:23:36

I just wouldn't give a daughter that name cos stupid, infantile males think it's hilarious to call u pussy if your name is kitty. That was my experience.

spud - is that "don't use Kitty at all" or "give her a fallback name like Catherine so she can use a different nickname if necessary" ?

spudmurphy Wed 30-Jan-13 19:47:13

I wouldn't use Kitty personally-as someone who suffered from the 'pussy' connotations from twats for years particularly as a shy teenager.

tiredteddy Wed 30-Jan-13 19:20:46

I know a kitty bluebell age 2 she is just gorgeous!

Queenie68 Wed 30-Jan-13 19:16:51

Thank you locketjuice smile) I don't know the gender, but I want to be prepared just incase!!

Locketjuice Wed 30-Jan-13 19:14:06

Just come back to see if you had decided, kitty bluebell has stuck in my head so much and I'm not even allowed it as my niece won't be happy grin

So so gorgeous! Extremely jealous!

GoSuckEggs Wed 30-Jan-13 19:06:33

i like kitty nell.

I think if i have a DD she will be called kitty. my nan was a kathleen and her NN was kitty

Queenie68 Wed 30-Jan-13 18:59:38

Thank you... What a lovely thing to say (grinning from ear to ear ).

Kitty Bluebell

BFP is "big fat positive [pregnancy test]" so what I meant was "that is such an inspiringly lovely name that my desire to be pregnant is yet again increased".

grin

lockets Wed 30-Jan-13 18:13:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Queenie68 Wed 30-Jan-13 17:41:28

Thanks for all the opinions smile think it'll be definitely between Kitty Tallulah or Kitty Bluebell.

Ps... What does bfp mean??!

I adore Tabitha nn Kitty and I would fall over in a dead swoon if I met a Kitty Bluebell.

Come on bfp!!

CheeseStrawWars Wed 30-Jan-13 09:23:50

Kitty Nell sounds like kitten 'ell. Kitten hell?

ThePathanKhansWitch Tue 29-Jan-13 20:32:32

Kitty nell.

mathanxiety Tue 29-Jan-13 20:29:03

Kitty Willow -- as mentioned on another thread - 'kitty' ---> 'pussy' [pussy willow is too close to Kitty Willow]
Kitty Bluebell -- nice, flows well, and because the pussy bit wouldn't occur to people as readily as it would with Kitty Willow
Kitty Tallulah -- nice. Tallulah is a striking name with a lot of pizazz.
Bella Willow -- too much of the letter L
Tallulah Nell -- again a lot of the letter L and I think it has a 'Calamity Jane' sort of feel to it too. Sort of a wild west vibe.

I would choose Kitty Bluebell or Kitty Tallulah.

Queenie68 Tue 29-Jan-13 18:36:24

Thanks yfronts.... Love Kitty Nell smile why didn't I think of that!

ClaraBean Tue 29-Jan-13 18:15:18

I like Tallulah Nell.
Not keen on Kitty at all, prefer it as a nn for something a bit smarter.
I know 3 Tallulahs (2 age 9/10 and one adult), one is Tallulah all the time and the other two are nn Lula

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 29-Jan-13 17:27:53

Favourite of your choices: Kitty Willow
Least favourite: Bella Willow too many Ls and different vowels, sorry.

Guessing Tallulah would become Tally?

Yfronts Tue 29-Jan-13 17:26:46

Kitty Nell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now