Names you secretly like but could never burden a child with?

(164 Posts)
ThroughTheRoundWindow Sun 27-Jan-13 20:17:26

Was talking baby names with my husband yesterday and he admitted to wanting to name a son Aubrey. When I stopped laughing he agreed that it might lead to a little bit of bullying. But then I love
Evelyn (for a boy!) which is equally bad...

Have you or your DP got a secret soft spot for a name that might not go down so well in the playground?

PrincessUnderpaid Thu 14-Feb-13 18:36:32

Boo - from Monsters Inc. I just think its adorable but honestly totally ridiculous.

Manoodledo Thu 14-Feb-13 18:59:21

Anouk - DH won't hear of it. My name and both DSs have appeared so far!

DoIgetastickerforthat Thu 14-Feb-13 19:04:05

Evangeline or Buttercup, both are arguably a bit fru fru bit I do love them. And if DD had been a boy, I was very tempted by Idris.

rcs19 Thu 14-Feb-13 19:15:11

Pixie. Dh would never go for it (or let me have more babies for that matter). I'll have to save it for a pet.

Yay4may Thu 14-Feb-13 20:06:14

LOVE love Felix, Aubrey

Doodle dandy, mine too was Etienne! DH said no

Love love love Leonard and Ptolemy. Not sure I'd dare though!

WhatsTheBuzz Fri 15-Feb-13 21:32:15

Judas!

flowerygirl Fri 15-Feb-13 22:46:09

Haha I was going to be called Aubrey if I was a boy! I thought it was a bit out there for my parents as my name is so bland and average!

I love Lilac, Bluebell, Baxter, Pearl, Magnus but dh says no!

He is determined if we have a boy to call him Truman. I thought it was great until I tested it out on my friends, they all absolutely hated it!

rubydoobydoo Sat 16-Feb-13 21:39:16

Ace or Tiger for a boy blush

AnnaBBad Sun 17-Feb-13 02:45:00

I've always wanted a girl called Aubrey, after the song by Bread. It's beautiful. But over the years whenever I've told a boyfriend they've thought it was horrible. It is a boys name but I think it sounds feminine. Also love Pearl, Tabitha, Tahlulla, Ned, Stanley or TedMy DH was too conservative to dare. Next time.....

Kyrptonite Sun 17-Feb-13 21:50:42

Zeus
Pixie
Persephone
Scout
Tiger-Lily blush
Loki
Honey
Aurelia

lucywiltshire Sun 17-Feb-13 22:11:28

Otto for DS and Tatiana (Tatty) for a girl. DH says NO to both :-(

blueshoes Sun 17-Feb-13 22:35:44

Ophelia, but can't give that name because of the association with tragedy.

flowerygirl Mon 18-Feb-13 14:34:31

Otis and Rex. But I think both are dog's names!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now