Narrowing it down/ compromising

(18 Posts)
roseinwinter Sat 26-Jan-13 15:45:44

Another vote for Cara and Joseph.

We're also finding it really hard to agree on a name. Our baby girl is due in a week and it's been hard to come to terms with the fact that she won't have one of my favourite names (DH has vetoed them all). That said, I have now accepted we are going to have to compromise and, even though it might not be my first choice, she will have a name both DH and I like.

Good luck!

NowPlayingZone Fri 25-Jan-13 21:07:12

I hear you on wanting to pick the names you like, it's hard to let go when it's you carrying the baby. That said its DH's baby too so should at least consider his opinion (or try & talk him round!).

I'm with him on this though.

Cara is lovely & not too popular
Joseph is classic

Sophia is nice, but everywhere. I find Erin a bit meh. Neve liked Charlie (especially since I saw some scummy tv prog years ago where someone had called their kid Charlie as they like cocaine so much- apparently is was de rigeur amongst druggies in the 90's) sorry x

Astley Fri 25-Jan-13 20:57:21

Cara for me.

sparkle12mar08 Fri 25-Jan-13 20:42:12

Cara and Erin for a girl (sorry grin) and neither of your suggestions for a boy - I don't like Chrile or Joseph I'm afraid!

JumpingJackSprat Fri 25-Jan-13 19:39:31

cara and jospeh for me smile good luck deciding!

exoticfruits Fri 25-Jan-13 18:58:43

Sophia and Joseph

williaminajetfighter Fri 25-Jan-13 18:57:25

Cara and Charlie. Sophie too popular. Joseph- meh...

wigglesrock Fri 25-Jan-13 18:55:57

I really like all your girls names (I even have one grin) and I love Joseph.

HyvaPaiva Fri 25-Jan-13 18:48:33

Cara and Joseph are lovely

Erin and Joseph for me.

Dont worry about picking before they arrive - they may just look like a whole new name.

and dh may be so so in awe of you delivering that he will let you name the baby Scifjfbrhdjsia if thats what you want

woody2313 Fri 25-Jan-13 18:32:31

Oh, DH also likes Kiera for a girl but I'm not so sure about that one

Sasparillo Fri 25-Jan-13 14:50:44

Sophia (although I much prefer Sophie smile ) Elizabeth & Charlie Thomas x

woody2313 Fri 25-Jan-13 14:49:39

Thanks all. I agree that they're all nice names; to be fair I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them. It just feels like such a big decision to make!

woody2313 Fri 25-Jan-13 14:47:45

Yay - thanks chubby grin

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 25-Jan-13 14:46:25

I like Charlie Thomas better out of the two, and Erin Elizabeth, although I prefer Sophia as a name I think Erin flows better with Elizabeth. All nice names though! smile

meditrina Fri 25-Jan-13 14:45:43

Sophia and Joseph

chubbychipmonk Fri 25-Jan-13 14:44:38

Sophia and Charlie smile

woody2313 Fri 25-Jan-13 14:43:39

So I'm 2 days overdue now and thinking we really ought to get the names sorted while we're waiting. We don't know whether we're having a girl or a boy. A girl will definitely have a middle name of Elizabeth, a boy will definitely have a middle name of Thomas. For girls' first names, I really like Sophia while DH likes Cara and/or Erin; for boys, I really like Charlie while DH likes Joseph. Although I like all of these names, I'd much prefer it if DH would just let me pick wink
Which of these names do my fellow MN posters like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now