Tilly, George and...

(74 Posts)
thedevilisinthedetail Mon 21-Jan-13 22:08:17

Dc3 is somewhat surprisingly on it's way and we're stuck on names. Dd is Matilda Grace Kathleen and ds is George Alexander Thomas.

So far I love Edward or Constance (Connie) but dh had no string feeling about either and just suggests Robin whether it's a girl or a boy which I really don't think goes with the other names?

Also the Kathleen is because dd was born on my Granny's birthday and Thomas as day was born on my Grandad's. So don't know if we should leave a third name out or give something with a family connection?

Just at a but of a stale mate and going round in circles. I wondered if there were any suggestions to get us moving on inour naming discussions...

Uppermid Mon 08-Apr-13 20:15:13

I also like will for a boy but doesn't go with our surname

Bowlersarm Mon 08-Apr-13 20:18:30

I think it would be slightly better if you could take the 'y' bit out and called him Ted. Or would you consider nn Ned or Ed which takes the 'T' out as well. Would you shorten Elizabeth?

thedevilisinthedetail Mon 08-Apr-13 20:20:18

I still love Connie but struggling to convince dh. I like William but then Tilly and Will doesn't really flow...

thedevilisinthedetail Mon 08-Apr-13 20:23:51

Excellent taste Kathy! Also love Cora.

Tilly and Meg is a lovely combination. I really think we need something with a completely different feel to Tilly.

Ted might work better...we would shorten Elizabeth to Eliza.

SophiaTheFirst Mon 08-Apr-13 20:25:25

Oooo I know someone with a Tilly and a George, wondering if I know you now!

MERLYPUSS Mon 08-Apr-13 20:26:33

My gran was Constance Helen Grace (Connie Nelly Grace). Lovely names

thedevilisinthedetail Mon 08-Apr-13 20:30:53

How old are the Tilly and George you know Sophia?

Lovely name Merley!

KathySeldon Mon 08-Apr-13 20:33:30

Angus/Augustus with nn Gus or Gussy?

SophiaTheFirst Mon 08-Apr-13 20:34:08

George is in preschool, starts school in September and Tilly is older probably about year 2. I've always thought the names go really well together.

thedevilisinthedetail Mon 08-Apr-13 20:44:14

Ah, we're about two years behind that...but I do really love the names together and want something else that fits!

What do you think of Eliza/Connie ?

I quite like Angus...I do feel we need to go back to the drawing board on Teddy though!

thewarmestowl Mon 08-Apr-13 22:24:01

Tilly, George and Jenny (Jennifer)
Till, George and Helena
Tilly, George and Louisa
Tilly, George and Kit (Christopher)
Tilly, George and Hugo
Tilly, George and Peter
Tilly, George and Benjamin

I like Robin (boy) and think this goes fine with your other names (could you combine with Christopher and have a Christopher Robin? Please?) and Clara as suggested above. Your chlildren's names are lovely.

everlong Mon 08-Apr-13 22:34:29

Ooh I know a Tilly, George and Eli.

Daisy
Jemima
Annabelle
Beatrice
Madeleine
Genevieve
Juliet

Patrick
Hector
Rupert
Cassius
Barnaby
Jasper
Casper

AgathaPinchBottom Mon 08-Apr-13 22:40:00

Pip?
Or
Maude?
Or
Cecily?

jojane Mon 08-Apr-13 22:41:46

My three are Matilda, George and Alfie

jojane Mon 08-Apr-13 22:44:38

Matilda's middle name is phoebe

KathySeldon Mon 08-Apr-13 22:59:22

Alexandra/Alexander?

My first thought when hearing your other names was Martha.

everlong Tue 09-Apr-13 11:02:22

Yes Martha would be lovely. Lucy and Alice are nice too.

wanderinglonelyasacloud Tue 09-Apr-13 17:36:27

I love your names, as well as Edward and Constance. Others could be....

Charlotte (lottie)
Martha
Rose
Florence
Beatrice
Eliza

Henry
Frederick (Freddie)
Jack
Arthur
Hugo

Good luck!

wanderinglonelyasacloud Tue 09-Apr-13 17:39:19

P.s my personal feeling is that if the other two have a family middle name, thy all should! But that's just me....I'm a fan of two middle names and using family names as middle names.

emmyloo2 Wed 10-Apr-13 04:27:49

Oh gosh I love botyh those names. I wanted Edward for my George and if this baby was a boy, Edward was a front runner for me. I wouldn't worry about the nicknames too much because sometimes they don't stick so you might end up going with Eddie or Ed instead of Teddy.

Elizabeth is still on my list for DD due in 6 weeks time. However, we have been around and around in circles and still can't decide. I am just about to give up....

devonsmummy Wed 10-Apr-13 22:20:54

Tabitha & Henry

georgettemagritte Thu 11-Apr-13 00:46:12

With your other two I like:
Helena
Constance
Eliza / Elizabeth
Juliet
Edith
Maud / Maudie

Ned for Edward
Hugo
Frederick / Freddie
Toby?

thedevilisinthedetail Thu 11-Apr-13 21:35:28

Thank you for all the lovely suggestions! I could agree in names with lots of you, it's finding something dh will agree on.

Martha is lovely but the name of my god daughter who is still a small baby. I really love Beatrice but our surname starts with a B too so might be a bit much. Also love Maude but Tilly is Matilda really so a but matching. But along the right lines. Also love Florence and Tabitha...both vetoed.

Liking Freddy and Hugo( but both are cousins) and absolutely adore Henry but dh says no...thought I'd done well with Edward being agreed but still worried he'd become Teddy...dh did suggest Theodore today but that's just Teddy by another route!

What do you think of Charles?

devonsmummy Thu 11-Apr-13 21:58:19

Charles works well with your other dc names (love Charlie too)

How about
Annie
Josie
Sadie
Albert
Fraser
Chester (heard this while out today)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now