Twin girl names needed; French

(83 Posts)
Frenchfamille Thu 27-Dec-12 22:07:12

As we live in France we need 2 girls names that work with the French pronunciation primarily.
So far; Florence (very easy for French) - we all agree on this and think it's a definite for twin 1.
Florence and Freya?
Florence and Fifi?
Everything else has been rejected by one of the family (we have 3 boys) and we probably have just a few days left to decide. In France you have to register the birth very quickly afterwards!

devonsmummy Thu 27-Dec-12 22:41:23

Isolade
Maribel
Francine

Frenchfamille Thu 27-Dec-12 22:43:00

Good grief - what a lot of suggestions! Thank you to all. It doesn't have to begin with another F, just seemed to be what we came up with. We know various children with many of these names but Genevieve is a name that our youngest boy has always liked and we are now revisiting that suggestion. Will have a look at Clementine too. Too many Mathilde's here and Amelie's. But thank you for all the names so far. Brilliant!!

CultureMix Thu 27-Dec-12 22:48:59

Speaking as a French twin with a non-matching name, that's what I'd recommend (evidemmentsmile). Logistically having different initials makes life so much simpler. Definitely recommend a name that works (and is spelt the same!) in both French and English. Lots of choice out there but a few classics I like:
Emma
Sophie
Laura
Alice
When I was expecting we both liked Elizabeth but I wanted Elisabeth and DH wanted Elizabeth so not sure it would have worked. Our lovely DS arrived so wasn't an issue.

HenriettaTurkey Thu 27-Dec-12 23:46:57

Great minds, Strumpet!

MissFenella Thu 27-Dec-12 23:48:39

Clotille

spudmurphy Thu 27-Dec-12 23:51:29

Aurelie
Clemency

TheBeanAndTheBee Thu 27-Dec-12 23:51:42

Josephine

HenriettaTurkey Thu 27-Dec-12 23:53:02

Please please please don't go with Aurelie. It's beautiful but I think it could be misunderstood in England (orally...)

Boozeandadietjinglebell Thu 27-Dec-12 23:56:39

Love Amelie and Anais. I used to know a Helenis as well (silent h, umlaut on the i) but I'm not sure that would work so well in England.

Camille?

florence and elodie

Florence et Michelle?

thegreylady Fri 28-Dec-12 15:20:56

Felicity
Fleur
Fenella
Francoise/Francesca

AmberSocks Fri 28-Dec-12 15:49:27

Elodie and Matilde

hattymattie Fri 28-Dec-12 15:52:22

Florence and Flore
- otherwise mix the names as above.

I like Fabienne

Also, Estelle

Bellendissima Fri 28-Dec-12 16:04:24

Fabienne and Elodie are lovely.

Florence and....

Christiane
Juliette
Vivienne
Celeste
Camille
Delphine
Giselle
Aurelie
Sabine
Noemi
Angeline
Dominique
Leonie
Beatrice with Bibi rather than Fifi?
My favourite ever French name - Riva

Viviennemary Fri 28-Dec-12 16:21:47

There's quite a lot of nice French girls names. Don't like Fifi at all. I like Adele, Celine, Violette and Fleur, Juliette and lots of the others.

DizzyHoneyBee Fri 28-Dec-12 16:24:59

Avril and Amelie?

FellatioNelson Fri 28-Dec-12 16:25:41

Some really beautiful names on here. I love Marianne, Cecile and Delphine.

DizzyHoneyBee Fri 28-Dec-12 16:27:45

sorry just saw the no to Amelia.
Esme(e) ?

DizzyHoneyBee Fri 28-Dec-12 16:28:07

or rather no to Amelie, brain not working now lol

WhyMeWhyNot Fri 28-Dec-12 17:12:17

Florence et Gabrielle. Tres jolie smile

CaptainNancy Fri 28-Dec-12 17:15:44

Undine/Ondine

Frenchfamille Fri 28-Dec-12 20:25:11

Thank you to everybody for the lovely suggestions. Can't believe how many people have responded. I think there are some beautiful names above. Having read them ALL out to husband, rather liking Florence and Beatrice which are both from the same kind of era/popularity. And relieved husband found something else he likes aside from Fifi which I couldn't get my head around! Many thanks again for all the suggestions.

Jac1978 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:50:11

Florence and Charlotte sound perfect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now