Polly....

(32 Posts)
LolliLouLou Mon 24-Dec-12 14:06:41

Do you like it, know of any...is it popular? Thanks

OeufsEnCocotte Sun 06-Jan-13 01:48:09

Polly is a lovely name OP

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sun 06-Jan-13 01:53:44

I quite like it, but prefer Poppy, yet I'm undecided if they pass the 'solicitor' test?!

StellaNova Mon 07-Jan-13 11:04:14

There's Polly Toynbee, so I think it does pass the solicitor test (well, she's a journalist, but you know what I mean).

In Milly Molly Mandy the mother is called Polly although her name is Mary for some unfathomable reason. Along the lines of Peggy being short for Margaret I suppose.

AuntieShirley Mon 07-Jan-13 11:31:56

I love Polly, don't know any. WOuld use it in a heartbeat if dh liked it.
You also have the most wonderful PJ Harvey as a kick ass name sake.

Snowflakepie Mon 07-Jan-13 11:35:18

I like it. I know an adult Polly who is a doctor, so no limits at all! One of my mums friends has it as a nn for Pauline, she is a uni lecturer. All the nursery rhymes with it in are quite sweet and not nasty, also Polly Parrot on Peppa is one of DDs favourites!

I don't know why, as my best friend growing up was called Polly, but I don't like it. It just sounds silly to me.

sonnieboo Mon 07-Jan-13 12:20:41

I don't like it much, I'm afraid. But then I don't like Polly/Poppy/Archie/Alfie cutesy names that seem quite 'trendy' at the moment.

I prefer more 'substantial' and elegant names personally. But thankfully we all have different tastes. Choose the name YOU love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now