Byron George?

(19 Posts)
Szeli Wed 26-Dec-12 00:54:34

You don't have to ;) addressing some of the comments above, thankyou!

Alexander wouldn't work as it's his half his surname, I like a lot of A names but don't think they work for that reason. Same with B names and J names are a bit rudey haha.

Some lovely names listed too but as his surname is sooooo long (7 syllables!) I think his middle name needs to be short

xx

Szeli Wed 26-Dec-12 00:20:07

You don't have to ;) addressing some of the comments above, thankyou!

Alexander wouldn't work as it's his half his surname, I like a lot of A names but don't think they work for that reason. Same with B names and J names are a bit rudey haha.

Some lovely names listed too but as his surname is sooooo long (7 syllables!) I think his middle name needs to be short

xx

copyandpaste Mon 24-Dec-12 04:08:09

Ngl I don't like the name Byron at all. Sorry :/

OkayHazel Thu 20-Dec-12 01:16:53

StellaNova Yep!

StellaNova Wed 19-Dec-12 23:30:52

Lord Byron's first name was George, wasn't it? George Gordon?

OkayHazel Wed 19-Dec-12 20:58:00

If you're okay with the character traits associated with Lord Byron, I saw go for it.

LoobyLou33 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:11:28

I'm pleased to hear someone else is considering Byron ... we are struggling to agree on boy's names and that's one of the few we both liked last time, but I started worrying it was too unusual / odd (probably just form other people's comments).

Sorry that's not much help for a middle name..I will give it some thought and see if I can come up with any suggestions!

Szeli Tue 27-Nov-12 12:37:56

Glad you like it, I'm unsure, swaying a bit towards Oscar today for a baby Ozzy haha. Befuddled brain.

I just can't find any 'proper' (non nickname) 1 syllable boys names for a middle name sad

xx

DangerMousey Mon 26-Nov-12 10:12:47

oooh, love the name Byron! Might have to steal it for our boy's list...

Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 23:13:08

Like the idea of two middle names but it's too much with a double barreled surname.

Gonna have another scope round for some single syllable names me thinks.

Thanks guys xx

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 25-Nov-12 22:51:07

I know a Byron Anthony

forevergreek Sun 25-Nov-12 22:49:12

classic:
Henry
Alexander
Nicholas
Maximilian
Michael
Tobias
Lionel
Lennard
Arthur
Edward
Otto
Thomas
Oliver
Christopher

Or add another name in between maybe like:

Bryron Otis James
Bryron Leon George

Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 22:41:33

Any suggestions for a new middle name? Finding it a difficult 'fit' with our long surname. Needs to be a classic name too... probably single syllable, feel like I've done nothing but look at names since we found out we were expecting! xx

forevergreek Sun 25-Nov-12 22:23:57

Byron alexander

forevergreek Sun 25-Nov-12 22:21:27

Byron with a different middle name

ConfusedandBemused Sun 25-Nov-12 22:21:19

Oops blush

Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 22:19:35

Byron James sounds nice... Then you have the BJ initials! Haha why is this so tricky?

xx

ConfusedandBemused Sun 25-Nov-12 22:06:45

I didn't cop the Boy George thing until I read your post! I like Byron, can you drop George? Byron James sounds nice!

Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 21:19:14

The boyf thinks it looks like too much like Boy George. Only noticed this when I wrote it down for him, were quite happy with the sound.

What do you think?

Any other suggestions? Surname will be Alexander-McDermott

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now