Names I liked when I was 15...

(106 Posts)
AlexanderS Fri 23-Nov-12 21:48:20

Have just dug a list of possible names for my future DC I made when I was 15 or 16. It contains such gems as:

Girls:

Misty
Rio
Destiny
Lutricia
Kiri
Loralei
Tea (with a dash over the 'e' i.e. pronounced Taya)
Pinkie

Boys:

Nolan
Drey
Bu
Jenner
Duane
Clifford
Fox
Wilder

Feel free to point and laugh, and to share the mental names you once thought you might call your DC.

I doubt many people would 'regret' their dcs name, as then it's not just a theoretical name, it's your child.

I had dd at 17 and had had her name since I was about 12. I don't regret it.

aliphil Wed 05-Dec-12 14:19:41

Cecily or Ursula, or almost anything from the Chalet School, for a girl; Henley for a boy.

I still like Cecily, but DH doesn't so it's not one of DD's names. She has three; the third is after my beloved grandmother and I always said I'd use it (but it's currently very popular, hence being demoted to third!), but oddly, though I love the first two, they weren't ones that had ever occurred to me until she was actually on the way.

noseynoonoo Wed 05-Dec-12 14:35:12

Jocasta (as in mother of Oedipus)
I enjoyed Classical Studies...

doyouwantfrieswiththat Wed 05-Dec-12 18:18:47

well jocasta seems nice but I suspect oedipus isn't so popular now grin could be a name for the naughty middle class boys thread.

Babyitscoldoutside Wed 05-Dec-12 18:26:54

Serendipity, Star (lost boys fan) or Scarlett. Ttc soon - let's see whether my very traditional DH goes for them....

rainbow2000 Thu 06-Dec-12 13:54:24

Ah yes i remember it well if i had twins it was eric and erica very exotic i thought.
Logan is my sons name now and a few of the names on here i would still use if i would have a girl,but not likely now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now