Is it just ridiculous?!

(12 Posts)
Neiffer Fri 23-Nov-12 15:21:21

Haha bella, ill let you know of its a goer with the hubby. Otherwise ill be back for more smile
pleased to have made someone's day

At school with a Coralie

BellaTheGymnast Fri 23-Nov-12 14:53:14

<very excited that someone has finally liked a name suggestion of mine on MN>
<tries to appear nonchalant>

Yeah, see what your DH thinks of Coral.

Pick Coral!! Choose it! It's fab!

<lets self down badly>

Neiffer Fri 23-Nov-12 14:48:33

A bit too...not about!

Neiffer Fri 23-Nov-12 14:47:23

Ooh quick answers thanks! I like all the other versions actually hmmm especially coral. I can't quite put my finger on why I don't want a name. linked to a film. Maybe it's just about teenagery?! Without sounding horrible. Coralie is nice too. Wonder what the dh will think now...smile

BourbonsAndTea Fri 23-Nov-12 14:36:21

I quite like Coraline. I like Coralie too. I absolutely love Corey for short! I do like nicknames for girls that are a little androgynous.
It does go well with Toby too.
I think I would have reservations about a name that is too closely associated with anything (film, book, pop star) but I'm not really sure why it would bother me..

BellaOfTheBalls Fri 23-Nov-12 14:34:36

Coraline is nice but would get mispronounced as Caroline I think. What about Coralie or Cora?

MolotovCocktail Fri 23-Nov-12 14:32:55

It's nice: don't worry about the film of the same title. Have you thought of Cora?

BellaTheGymnast Fri 23-Nov-12 14:30:08

I prefer Coral, you could still use the nn, and it's not as immediate a link to a film.

I like both coralline and Corey. The only thing you will have to get used to is people thinking they have misheard you and call you daughter Caroline. If you can get over this I I think it's lovely, and think Corey and Toby go really well together.

MB34 Fri 23-Nov-12 14:24:59

It is a nice name and if you like it, why not?

Personally I didn't like the film but it wouldn't put me off using the name.

A different version which I think is cute is Carolina

Neiffer Fri 23-Nov-12 14:19:29

I'm pregnant with dc2 and trying to think of girls names (boy sorted). I love the film coraline and then wonders if it would be a good name for a girl...Corey for short which I think is cute. Just not sure if its a bit crap because of the film etc i know it's a type of algae/coral as well ...hmmm
His/her brother is called Toby. (Not that I'm bothered about matching)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now