What are your thoughts on...

(34 Posts)
KatyAnn28 Thu 15-Nov-12 19:13:19

...Jasper?

And do you prefer George or James as mn?

DontmindifIdo Thu 15-Nov-12 21:04:42

I love Jasper! I know a Jasper, he gets Jay very occassionally, but most people have always just called him Jasper or a nickname that is not based at all on his name.

I think Jasper James works well actually, although normally I wouldn't like names with the same letters, but this sounds nice.

Geranium3 Thu 15-Nov-12 21:12:37

I found girls names far easier to choose,
I didn't have any boys but at the time i would have chosen probably oscar or edward but now love raphael!
You will probably randomly hear or read a name one day and think:that's the name!
You may wonder why i only say i and not mention dh'schoices of names but believe me they end up being so in awe of you after pregnancy and labour, that you could call dc what ever you wanted!!!!

rempy Thu 15-Nov-12 21:13:42

I'm guessing you don't live in the part of the country where Jasper means wasp?

MikeOxard Thu 15-Nov-12 21:24:53

I love Jasper and both mns would go well imo. He would probably get Jass or Jasp for short, which is ok I think, most people probably wouldn't shorten it anyway as it's quite a short name already. Good luck ttc, I wish you a little Jasper (or other name you choose) very soon. x

KatyAnn28 Thu 15-Nov-12 21:28:00

Nope, where's that Rempy?

Geranium3, I'm hoping that will be the case. I've told DH that we should settle on a shortlist and then decide when we know what he/she looks like...if my cunning plan works then he will hopefully let me choose my favourite because of the awesome thing I had just done grin

KatyAnn28 Thu 15-Nov-12 21:28:33

Thank you MikeOxard x

rempy Thu 15-Nov-12 22:18:05

Somerset (the really rural bits.....!)

ilovetermtime Fri 16-Nov-12 06:15:14

And Cornwall!

raf0911 Sat 17-Nov-12 14:42:06

My best friend named hers Jasper, i totally disliked it at first as i could only associate it with cats and dogs. However Jasper is now Jasper he has become the name and i really like it now (he's generally called Jas a lot of the time) Cool popular kid and there are no others in his class at school but i reakon it is one of those names which will become more popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now