Middle name for Harper and...

(55 Posts)
mamaLou13 Fri 14-Sep-12 21:34:20

I have whittled down my choice for a baby girls name to either Harper or Poppy ( but Dh hates Poppy.... still working on it though as he named dd1). Can't think of a good middle name though. Dd1's middle name is Grace. I thought Harper Rose was quite nice but have gone off it. Harper Poppy just doesnt't go either!
Any suggestions?

corblimeymadam Thu 20-Sep-12 10:42:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InspectorGadget Tue 09-Jul-13 00:00:04

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I have absolutely no idea why I just typed 'Harper' (my daughters name) in to the search box. Why the fuck did I do that?? Sheesh. Good to know what to expect in terms of ignorant assumptions and 'jokes' once she gets to school though, so cheers for that.
She was 12 weeks old when the Beckham's news broke and I was DEVASTATED. Cried for a whole day. Cannot stand Beckhams. Not into celebrity names in any way shape or form. Had she been born afterwards I would definitely not have used it so in a way I'm glad because I adore the name, she suits it down to the ground and I would have been sad to have had a girl and not be able to use my fabouritist name.
I wonder which name OP chose in the end.
Mine is Harper Lily btw.

natandmat Tue 09-Jul-13 22:27:54

My little girl has 2 middle names, Harper Rose, she is 4 so was named way before the Beckhams!! I love the name!

Rtfairy Wed 10-Jul-13 22:31:37

Harper Rose is pretty, also think Harper Willow has a lovely ring to it.

Inspector gadget Harper Lily is a lovely name, try not to be affected by other people's opinions.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 10-Jul-13 23:55:25

Last time I heard someone debating using Harper they contemplated Zoe with it.

If you scan through this whole section InspectorGadget there will probably be many names subjected to random critical opinions so please don't worry your DD's name is any more susceptible to adverse comment than any other. It seems particularly harsh when an OP says they have definitely selected that name confused but posters answering a What do you think? thread will give honest forthright views.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now