Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Recovered a scabby old ikea tub chair.

(11 Posts)
Sneezecakesmum Mon 10-Mar-14 21:03:52

£24 off eBay and very grubby non washable covers.

Went to you tube for a tub chair covering vid and am so proud of myself grin

Very nice! Wish I had upholstering skills.

Sneezecakesmum Mon 10-Mar-14 21:09:27

It was so easy. I am not particularly good at all! You just remove the old covers and use each section as a template. Took ages getting the staples out and you need a staple gun, but you can make any nice blending colour choice. This matches our living room. Easy peasey, honestly!

tonyblairsreallygoodlegsnbutt Mon 10-Mar-14 21:10:35

That looks brilliant!

Sneezecakesmum Mon 10-Mar-14 21:18:43

Thank you smile. But anyone could do this!

Slapperati Mon 10-Mar-14 21:19:44

Ooooh - lovely.

Linky to the vid please?

BOFtastic Mon 10-Mar-14 21:20:18

Fantastic job!

Sneezecakesmum Tue 11-Mar-14 09:36:55

Covering a bucket chair by Debbie Shore

Can't link on ipad blush

I used fabric to blend with the rug and have some silky green fabric to make a cushion which is a good match too! [smile[

HappydaysArehere Tue 06-May-14 17:50:51

Clever, patient and skilled. What an achievement! Well done.

500smiles Tue 06-May-14 17:57:33

That looks great, well done OP

antshouse Sat 07-Jun-14 18:31:25

Love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now